New rules of marketing and public relations have changed the ways consumers receive and respond to information. Proclamation advertising is no longer as effective as it used to be, so viral communications must be employed creatively to reach consumers who now have more control than ever. New inbound marketing strategies are now complementing or replacing traditional outbound methods, and my marketing philosophy embraces Web and Marketing 2.0 techniques that speak with consumers rather than at them.
To direct and manage integrated branding and communications efforts using viral Marketing 2.0 techniques including traditional outbound as well as inbound new media strategies.
Oct 2007 - Present
- Responsible for all new business efforts including growing revenue, increasing market share and improving productivity and client satisfaction
- Manage client accounts by developing and implementing strategic marketing plans that position brands among targeted traditional as well new social media
- Develop optimized content to increase organic visibility among search engines and launch viral “word-of-mouse” campaigns that take advantage of the 21st century consumer-to-consumer controlled marketing environment
Apr 2005 - Sep 2007
- Managed all marketing and promotional campaigns for the University of South Carolina’s research campus, Innovista
- Developed programs to provide incentives for recruiting companies, creating jobs and building a knowledge-based economy in the region
- Managed various events, programs and campaigns for the Office of Research and Health Sciences including Future Fuels™, Nanotechnology, and Biomedical Sciences
Apr 2001 - Apr 2005
- Developed, implemented and monitored investment strategies with over $100 million of assets as Junior Partner for the McMahan Salmond Group
- Launched sales and marketing campaigns to attract potential investors with an average of $1 million in investable assets
- Managed client service standards model to ensure client satisfaction and retention as well as a strong referral base
1996 - 2000
Bachelor of Science