Senior Strategy Officer
Ownpower Consulting, Pty (Ltd)
- Communicating and implementing a company's strategy internally and externally so that all employees, partners, suppliers, and contractors understand the company-wide strategic plan and how it carries out the company's overall goals.
- Driving decision-making that creates medium- and long-term improvement.
- Establishing and reviewing key strategic priorities and translating them into a comprehensive strategic plan.
- Monitoring the execution of the strategic plan.
- Facilitating and driving key strategic initiatives through inception phase.
- Ensuring departmental/unit strategic planning projects reflect organizational strategic priorities.
- Partnering with institutional leadership, special committees, and consultants to support execution of key initiatives.
- Developing inclusive planning processes.
- Translating strategies into actionable and quantitative plans.
- Mobilizing and managing teams of individuals charged with executing strategies.
- Acting as a resource across an organization to increase broad cohesion for strategic plans.
The role can further be divided into four archetypes:
- Project Manager: focused almost exclusively on facilitating and coordinating the delivery of project outcomes.
- System & Design Thinking Specialist: facilitates workshops, problem solving and training with teams, team members and/or stakeholders.
- Coach: works to provide information to strategy creators and facilitates communication between teams, team members and stakeholders.
- Change Agents: facilitate and enables effective organisational change thats aligned to business objectives.