Associate for Worship and the Arts
St. Johns Presbyterian Church (a theologically conservative local congregation)
Worship & Arts
- Leads worship and rehearsals for contemporary and traditional services, with worship band and vocalists, choir and technicians.
- Recruits and develops new talent for music and tech departments.
- Develops and directs tech and stage design to support seasonal and service themes.
- Creates video bumpers for sermon series, special topics/events.
- Designs and coordinates special events and holiday services to connect with the community. Examples include Christmas in Avondale, Ascension Worship concert, Christmas concert with the Edward Waters College choir, “Champions for Christ” Olympic series and Patriot Day service.
Team & Administrative
- Manages $75 thousand annual budget and 7 contract and part-time employees.
- Provides technical and musical support for all departments.
- Oversaw design and renovation of the church’s fellowship hall into the Contemporary Worship Facility.
- Increased number of active Worship & Arts Ministry participants by 42 percent during a previous period of declining service attendance.
- Provides pastoral care for Worship & Arts Ministry participants; assists in pastoral care for the overall congregation.
- Fosters spiritual health of paid and volunteer participants through upholding Biblical standards, teaching on worship, relationship-building, devotional emails and modeling and encouraging a God-honoring lifestyle.