Senior Process Control Engineer
Barry-Wehmiller Design Group
Life Science, cGMP project management and execution including system architecture, system software design, testing, equipment/component specification, documentation management, vendor/contractor management, installation and start-up support. Contributed to process control software, hardware and instrumentation design including industry-standard PLC, DCS, SCADA, Historian, and database platforms.
* Edwards Lifesciences – Irvine, CA; RESILIA Heart Valve project (Rockwell) – Led client's first automated Distributed Control System (DCS) batch process project using S88 standards. Led and co-authored client User Requirements, Functional and Design Specifications through client input, P&ID’s and I/O. Directed software development, implementation, validation and startup.
* Roche/Genentech, Oceanside, CA, P2 Downstream Expansion project (DeltaV v12.3) - Formulation Area Lead for ten (10) member domestic and international team. Led and co-authored Functional Specification and design through client input, P&ID’s, I/O and existing P1 software. Led and contributed in development and implementation of graphics, database configuration, control modules, equipment modules, phases and recipes. Directed final Software FAT and UAT.
* ZymoGenetics (BMS), Bothell, WA - Authored and executed installation and operational verification documentation for clinical development/operations for ZymoGenetics site. Systems include; HVAC, 2-8 degree C refrigerators, Ultra Low temperature freezers (-60 degree C), Tube Sealers and Welders, and Process Automation System (PAS). Developed expertise in Temperature mapping using Mesa Labs Regulatory Compliant Software Data Trace Pro with Wireless Micropack Radio Frequency Data Loggers.
* BBraun, Irvine, CA - Design, development and implementation of Rockwell FactoryTalk View Studio HMI application on IV bag production line. Replaced existing two (2) applications with one (1) new and improved design to minimize number of screens and operator manipulations to control and monitor conveyors in real time through dynamic conveyor conditions for quick problem resolution and control of system.
* J&J Neutrogena, Los Angeles, CA - Led and created three (3) Rockwell PLC and HMI training classes for Clean In Place (CIP) portable skid and Girton Washer (Glass and equipment washer) systems. System overview and hands-on Rockwell HMI and PLC sessions for site mechanics and PLC technicians.