Lead Engineer – West Coast Engineering Center
Emerson Process Management
Responsible for directing international and domestic teams that design and implement DCS (DeltaV) and PLC (Rockwell) automation solutions for the Life Sciences, Aerospace, Alternative Energy, Chemical and Mining industries. Contribute to the generation of engineering estimates. Work closely with the customer in all phases of a project from requirements definition through plant startup. Set technical standards for the organization and influence business .
* Developed DeltaV v12.3 graphics, database, phase logic, recipes and performed final setup, startup and testing for Emerson Exchange Life Sciences booth showcasing Syncade and DeltaV integration utilizing process equipment and instrumentation.
* Led teams to evaluate DeltaV and Allen-Bradley PLC/HMI software and hardware solutions to meet Clinical Data Collection requirements on 14 process systems. Lead design, configuration, testing, onsite construction vendor management, commissioning and startup.
* Responsible for process requirements, I/O, control strategies and graphics design during a FEED study for a conversion from Allen-Bradley PLCs to a DeltaV v11.3.1 system at a copper mine.
* Led team on software design, development, network architecture, testing and final commissioning and start up on a PLC controls upgrade to an Allen-Bradley PLC with PanelView Plus HMI at a major Bioscience facility.
* Led automation software and graphics team in the design, configuration, testing on an ABB HMI and control system conversion to DeltaV v11.3.1 including Profibus integration to ABB I/O at an aerospace facility.
* Led international project team in software design, configuration, network architecture, Integrated Factory Acceptance Testing, and onsite system startup on a new DeltaV v11.3.1 BPCS and SIS system integration at a major chemical brownfield facility.