Dec 2002 - Present
Public Relations Manager
Develop and implement public relations strategy for statewide health plan.
- Identify opportunities for, and pursue national and regional media relations. Serve as spokesperson, as appropriate.
- Develop corporate press materials, talking points, and position statements.
- Designed and maintain online newsroom and oversee proper use of press materials in other areas of corporate Web site.
- Proactively seek media opportunities to support the strategic plan.
- Plan and execute special events such as press conferences and media tours.
- Strategize and implement crisis communications.
- Developed and executed social media campaign launch, as well as steering committee and proper policies.
- Integral player in corporate e-communications plan.
- Work closely with other communications staff to properly coordinate messages for internal and constituents communications.
Jan 1999 - Dec 2002
Public Relations Coordinator
- Served as main point person for organization’s various public relations campaigns.
- Coordinated and executed expansive corporate sponsorship program.
- Served as editor for five CDPHP newsletters encompassing member, physician, and client communications from February 1999 through February 2000.
Jul 1994 - Jan 1999
Public Relations Account Executive
Served as public relations point person for several business-to-business, consumer, and industrial clients.
- Performed a wide variety of public relations activities including planning and strategy; research and development of press materials; local, regional and international media relations; pitched and placed cover stories, feature articles, case histories, product announcements, and business stories.
- In 1995, coordinated merger press relations for an international client including announcement on two continents, extensive media relations, complete press kit in three languages, and media interviews.
Jan 1994 - Dec 1995
- Involved in establishing a quarterly arts and living publication in the Capital District region.
- Handled concept development, interviews and research, photography and model coordination, copywriting, and layout.
- Served as staff writer, as well.
- Public Relations Society of America, member, present
- American Marketing Association, member, present
- Ad Club of New York State, member, 2000 - 2003
- New York State Women’s Press Club, Member, 1995 - 2003
- New York State Women’s Press Club, Board of Directors, 1995 – 2001
To provide public relations counsel and tactical execution to organizations, utilizing my diverse experience in both corporate and agency communications.
McCall’s Magazine Feb 1992 - May 1992
New York, New York
- Supported health, features, and fashion editors in the development of articles for the national magazine.
- Conducted research, fact-checking, and interviews, as well as editing, writing, and developing monthly trend reports.