Dec 2002 - Present
Public Relations Manager
Develop and implement public relations strategy for statewide health plan.
- Identify opportunities for, and pursue national and regional media relations. Serve as spokesperson, as appropriate.
- Develop corporate press materials, talking points, and position statements.
- Designed and maintain online newsroom and oversee proper use of press materials in other areas of corporate Web site.
- Proactively seek media opportunities to support the strategic plan.
- Plan and execute special events such as press conferences and media tours.
- Strategize and implement crisis communications.
- Developed and executed social media campaign launch, as well as steering committee and proper policies.
- Integral player in corporate e-communications plan.
- Work closely with other communications staff to properly coordinate messages for internal and constituents communications.
Jan 1999 - Dec 2002
Public Relations Coordinator
- Served as main point person for organization’s various public relations campaigns.
- Coordinated and executed expansive corporate sponsorship program.
- Served as editor for five CDPHP newsletters encompassing member, physician, and client communications from February 1999 through February 2000.
Jul 1994 - Jan 1999
Public Relations Account Executive
Served as public relations point person for several business-to-business, consumer, and industrial clients.
- Performed a wide variety of public relations activities including planning and strategy; research and development of press materials; local, regional and international media relations; pitched and placed cover stories, feature articles, case histories, product announcements, and business stories.
- In 1995, coordinated merger press relations for an international client including announcement on two continents, extensive media relations, complete press kit in three languages, and media interviews.
Jan 1994 - Dec 1995
- Involved in establishing a quarterly arts and living publication in the Capital District region.
- Handled concept development, interviews and research, photography and model coordination, copywriting, and layout.
- Served as staff writer, as well.
- Public Relations Society of America, member, present
- American Marketing Association, member, present
- Ad Club of New York State, member, 2000 - 2003
- New York State Women’s Press Club, Member, 1995 - 2003
- New York State Women’s Press Club, Board of Directors, 1995 – 2001
McCall’s Magazine Feb 1992 - May 1992
New York, New York
- Supported health, features, and fashion editors in the development of articles for the national magazine.
- Conducted research, fact-checking, and interviews, as well as editing, writing, and developing monthly trend reports.
To provide public relations counsel and tactical execution to organizations, utilizing my diverse experience in both corporate and agency communications.