Spearhead ongoing ecommerce and online marketing campaign performance analysis and marketing expense and ROI review for portfolio of 40+ hotels and restaurants. Increase incremental web bookings through brand websites by maximizing search engine optimization, search engine marketing, website enhancements, social media and hotel brand sales etools. Train hotel property management on website reporting and analysis, search engine optimization, website enhancements and brand sales etools. Develop and execute preopening/conversion marketing plans, strategies and tactics. Create and execute email marketing and social media campaign strategy. Manage and implement corporate public relations initiatives.
Jan 2009 - Present
Chair - Under 30 Gateway
Structured and launched the Illinois Chapter of the Under 30 Gateway. The Illinois Under 30 Gateway membership category is AH&LA's first ever program dedicated to addressing the personal and professional needs of young hospitality professionals in the state of Illinois.
- Bi-annual educational webinars addressing the hotel industry hot topics.
- Bi-annual networking events with educational component.
- Currently at 200 members.
Feb 2008 - Present
Under 30 Gateway Council Member
Nominated and accepted as a member of the first council to advise on the development and launch of a new membership category for the nation’s leading association for hotel and lodging. Provide insight, support and recommendations.
- Chair - Marketing & Communications Committee.
- Invited to represent the Under 30 on a Task Force of hotel professionals that acted as a think tank for ideas to celebrate and market the associations millennium milestone. Invited to speak and represent the Under 30 as a panelist at the 2010 International Hotel Motel show.
Oct 2006 - Present
• Develop and execute quarterly reporting and analysis to determine production and return on investment for hotel websites, paid search, and social media initiatives. Develop tactics to further enhance online marketing strategies and results. Created structure and reporting for company’s individual and portfolio hotel online marketing initiatives. • Train hotel sales and operations management on website reporting and analysis email marketing, online marketing and social media initiatives. Educate and present to management teams on cutting edge marketing initiatives, hot topics in marketing and hotel brand tools. • Keen understanding of hotel competitive environment. Exposure to and management of over 15 brands under Marriott, Hilton, Intercontinental Hotel Group, Hyatt and Carlson hotels. • Increase incremental online bookings through brand and vanity sites by maximizing search engine optimization, search engine marketing, website enhancements, paid search, social media and sales etools to reach a goal of 30%+ contribution through brand.com channel. • Spearhead review and analysis of quarterly marketing expenses for 40 hotels to determine return on investment. Goal of 10:1 ROI for all marketing programs. Created format. • Direct and support development and implementation of ecommerce marketing plans for portfolio of 40 hotels and restaurants, 15 brands in seven states. Developed format. • Oversee public relations targeting hotel trade, national and local business publications to achieve recognition through hotel industry and Chicago as a cutting edge, people-driven company. Demonstrated success by achieving multiple placements in targeted media outlets each month. View placements here.
Jun 2008 - Jun 2009
Board Member and VP elect, Communications
Support VP with reorganization and editorial content of the Chicago American Marketing Association's (AMA) monthly newsletter. Spearhead development of sponsorship program to address the needs of Chicago AMA committees.
Jun 2006 - Jul 2007
Board Member and VP, Business to Consumer Division
• Responsible for execution of program timeline which allowed for proper speaker and location bookings, promotion at AMA events and promotion to AMA members and prospect members • Creatde, developed, and managed a consumer committee that is committed to achieving the division goals and objectives. • Delivered a profitable income stream through successful programs and sponsorships to the Chicago AMA • Crafted meaningful programs for our target audience that achieve educational and networking objectives • Collaborated with other Divisions to create stronger educational and networking programs with wider audience appeal and actively participate in board meetings.
Dec 2004 - Oct 2006
Sales & Marketing Manager
• Developed and executed online marketing to drive incremental hotel revenues: partnership packages, website development, search engine optimization, paid search and search engine marketing. Doubled internet booking channel revenues to meet and exceed monthly budgets. • Created and maintained relationships with cultural partners and local attractions for experiential and entertainment packages targeted towards destination leisure travelers. Hotel package production revenue and room nights booked increased 200% through aggressive online marketing predominantly through hotel website enhancements and search engine optimization. • Maintained and prospected group and transient business within corporate, social, educational, tour and travel, and government markets. Handled all booked group needs including contracts, invoices, rooming lists and resumes. • Increased sales, maintained booked meeting space for corporate meetings and social events, supplied support for food, beverage and audiovisual needs. • Executed in-house promotions for hotel partners, specials and promotions. Increased database of guest emails, developed and distribute email marketing campaigns.
Jun 2004 - Oct 2004
• Responsible for executing daily reports that distributed and confirmed details for all Banquet Event Orders. • Created spreadsheet reports to forecast and document future and past conventions for convention managers. • Aided managers with wedding planning process and correspondence with bridal party, created detailed wedding event report for internal distribution, created menu cards for event, and arranged for amenities. • Assisted managers with client requests, created inquiries and distributed catering menu’s in order to develop and maintain business.
Jan 2004 - May 2004
Sales and Marketing Intern
Nov 2008 - Present
Masters of Business Administration & Master of Science in Integrated Marketing Communications
Part-time program. 3.5 GPA