* Organise and Supervise staff, and maintain team morale
* Liaise with both contractor and sub-contractor supervisors, engineers and surveyors
* Read and understand plans, reo schedules and set out and assign staff and team workloads
* Liaise with Killarnee supervisors and HSE to get permits and JSA's signed off
* Maintain correct records for Plant Inspection checklists, JSA's and Take5's
* Create dayworks and weekly forecasts for jobs including costings and risk assessments
* Ensuring timely and appropriate delivery of information and materials.
* Maintain and enforce strict OH&S Standards and Procedures
* Fill supervisor role for the week(s) they are on R&R
* Detailed earthworks for concrete slabs, paving, and footpaths
* Detailed earthworks for steel reinforcement and formwork preparation
* Operation of bobcat and excavator for detailed earthworks, site cleanup and cyclone preparation
* Loading of trucks with bobcat and excavator
* Digging of piperack footing and construction footings with excavator
* Compaction of materials using various size and type of compactors from "jumping jacks" to large plate compactors and wheeled rollers
* Working with sand and 20mm to 300 mm material for varied and different jobs
* Driving 6 wheel tipper trucks on and off site to deliver and place material
* Delivery of machines - placing on and off trucks for maintenance and servicing to yard
* Maintain, clean and look after machine to high site standard
* Operation of wheeled loaders for loading trucks and pad building
* Operate watercarts to suppress dust and also mix material and wet down pads for the concreters
* Various size of machine usage,
· excavators from 1.5tonne to 30tonne, all different brands
· bobcats both foot and hand control
· loaders from cat 928G to cat 972H as well as Hyundai and Komatsu
· 6 wheel end and side tippers
· rollers cat CS-563E and Hyundai, both smooth drum and padfoot
I can final trim with both bobcat and excavator to within 5-10mm as this is most of the work required and undertaken by our earthworks division.
I have been a part of this team since starting gap ridge and am a valued and vital member. Throughout the GRV project i have been a leader in the team and was a leading hand from June 2008 till the end of the project. Upon completion I went to Pluto LNG as a dogman rigger as our company didn’t have any earthworks at the project until mid August.
*installation of shutters up to 6mx9m with 20t franna and all-terrain cranes up to 80t
As a rigger/dogman my role entailed installing and making large 6mx9m shutters with superslims as the main bracing. The cranes used were 20 & 15tonne franna cranes and all-terrain cranes up to 80tonne.
When dogging the franna crane i was picking up and moving an assortment of building and construction material entailing formwork both made and unmade, packs of timer up to 3tonne , steel reo up to 12m lengths and 32mm in diameter, some packs weighing up to 3.5t.,install of prefab cages upto 6x8m, 20ft sea containers, metal bins and scaffold stillages.
The project called for a diverse range of items and no two lifts were the same.
JACK OF ALL TRADES
At Killarnee I am a go-to guy to get a job done. As a result I am often used as an extra and have done various jobs including roles working with steelfixers, carpenters and more.