Seeking a job related to the Social Work field in which I can work directly with people. I currently live in Wichita, KS. I will be moving to Denver, CO as soon as I obtain a job position. I will be happy to travel before then in order to interview, or am available for interview over the phone or Skype. Thank you for your consideration.
Aug 2009 - Aug 2012
Wichita State University
Jan 2012 - Present
Caseworker/Program Services Coordinator
1. Researched agencies city wide for HopeNet's referral system and updated our referral notebook.
2. Visited agencies and met with executive directors to form community partnerships.
3. Educated coworkers about available resources and community partnerships.
4. Met with clients to do intake forms and assess needs.
5. Paired clients with outside resources or HopeNet's internal therapy program.
6. Walked along clients in crisis, equipping them with budgeting skills, job skill, and general life skills.
7. Took crisis calls concerning various needs
8. Conveyed empathy and hope to each individual that met with me
9. Assisted in planning HopeNet's fundraising events ( Zumbathon and HopeArt 2012)
10. Performed various tasks needed and scheduled meetings for our Executive Director
11. Oversaw, trained, and tasked a group of 7 advocates
HopeNet's phone number is 316.684.4673
Aug 2011 - Dec 2011
Outreach/Housing Program worker
Comcare Center City
1. Performed outreach activities: passed out water bottles and blankets, connected with other homeless services for referrals, and made contact with people on the streets.
2. Conducted visits for the housing programs we encompass: Housing First and Shelter Plus Care
3. Kept notes for record for each of my clients
4. Worked through goals and obstacles to those goals with each client
5. Maintained 7 clients on a weekly basis and 16 on a monthly basis
6. Worked on various outreach projects specific to the homeless program