Marketing & Sales Supervisor
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers.
- Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing and sales staff and oversee their daily activities.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and distributors to manage product distribution, establishing distribution networks and developing distribution strategies.
- Consult with product development personnel on product specifications such as design, color, and packaging.
- Compile lists describing product or service offerings.
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
- Select products and accessories to be displayed at trade or special production shows.
- Confer with legal staff to resolve problems, such as copyright infringement and royalty sharing with outside producers and distributors.
- Coordinate and participate in promotional activities and trade shows, working with developers, advertisers, and production managers, to market products and services.
- Advise business and other groups on local, national, and international factors affecting the buying and selling of products and services.
- Initiate market research studies and analyze their findings.
- Consult with buying personnel to gain advice regarding the types of products or services expected to be in demand.
- Conduct economic and commercial surveys to identify potential markets for products and services.