A versatile and creative communicator with experience in the advertising, public relations and journalism fields. Specializing in written and visual communication and social media. Interested in pursuing a communications career in the Washington, D.C. area that combines writing, design, research and Web 2.0.
Work Interests:• social media (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, MySpace, YouTube, WordPress, Delicious)• creative (copywriting and art direction)• advertising, public relations, journalism, marketing
• sports marketing and communication• strategic planning• graphic designOther Interests:• playing and watching sports• the beach• swimming and running• the great outdoors (especially national parks)• travel• reading
• writing and blogging
Feb 2009 - Present
Freelance Sports Writer
• Research, write and edit game previews for a website that informs readers on sports, investing, entertainment and travel.
May 2009 - Present
Media & Communications
Aug 2008 - Dec 2008
Teaching Assistant, Department of Public Relations
• Taught lab sections for undergraduate public relations students and fielded their questions during office hours.• Graded news releases, media advisories and various other public relations writing assignments according to the Associated Press Stylebook.
May 2008 - Aug 2008
• Concepted and helped develop creative ideas for print, TV, radio, interactive and non-traditional advertisements within a larger creative team.• Wrote TV and radio scripts for Lowe’s Home Improvement, Anheuser Busch, Kimberly-Clark, Texas Lottery, H-E-B supermarkets and new business pitches.• Conducted customer research, produced creative and design work and presented project plans for an intern project to the agency.• Contributed writing to LatinWired, the internal agency newsletter.
May 2005 - Jul 2007
• Drafted and edited documents, conducted research and filing for cases, maintained client contacts and mentored new hires in department.• Compiled and organized marketing materials for a pro bono foundation started by a supervising partner.
Jun 2004 - Jun 2004
Student Workshop Participant
• Conducted surveys and interviews and utilized database research to pinpoint the target market and develop strategy for a case project presentation competition.
• Planned a media budget for the case project, including allocation of spending for TV, print and interactive.• Designed and pitched winning creative campaign for the Nick @ Nite client.