Senior Director of Operations
2004 - 2005
Director of User Services
Promoted to Director of User Services in recognition of the successful management of additional responsibilities.
- Improved service to users, training efficiencies and provided additional growth opportunities for staff by restructuring Help Desk from three contact points serving all users to two contact points serving specific types of users.
- Increased calls answered in the first minute from 57% to over 70% through reassignment of employees with specific skill sets and management of incoming calls.
- Improved service to users by developing multi-tiered career path for student employees building skills and experience.
- Improved problem resolution time and communications to uses by designing a management system which tracks problems, resolutions, and communications with staff members.
2003 - 2004
Manager of User Services
Promoted to Manager of User Services.Additional responsibilities included the management of an additional 20 student employees, 5 full-time staff, and 22 public computer labs.
Assumed responsibility for purchasing all computer hardware and software, inventory of all campus hardware and software, costs associated with each and replacement cycle.Consolidated the management of all purchasing efforts resulting in cost savings and improved campus service.
2001 - 2003
Help Desk Manager
Supervised 14 student consultants, three staff support positions and repair shop to ensure all faculty, staff, and students received training, implementation, service and repair of computers.
- Consolidated multiple help desks on campus and created a unified computer center providing all users with easy access and consistent technical support.
- Identified and implemented technology solutions resulting in reduced expenses and improved efficiencies including work order management for the physical plant, low-level inventory solutions for the Wooster Inn, and a process for creating course catalogs.
- Conducted a complete campus-wide hardware inventory in order to better manage hardware upgrades / replacements as well as for insurance purposes.
1997 - 2001
Customer Service Manager
Supervised customer support team including Technical Support Representatives, Trainers, and Technical Writer to provide 465 customers, support services.Efforts resulted in an increase of 54% in support-generated revenues.
- Built strong client relationships and laid the groundwork for future software enhancements by interacting with customers to clarify how the software product could help them achieve business goals.Assisted with training, implementation, data clean up, and facilitated communications with programming.
- Key member of Software Product Development Committee responsible for ensuring quality control and managed growth.Committee influenced design and product features and was responsible for testing enhancements /changes.
- Created, maintained, and enforced human resources policies and procedures including payroll, attendance, benefits administration, and records management resulting in a successful defense at two unemployment hearings.
- Mentored 5 technicians to reach management level positions and assisted employees with creating career plans within the company resulting in longer retention of employees, more committed staff members, and higher morale.
1996 - 1997
Trainer and Team Leader
Promoted to Team Leader. Managed a team of customer support reps providing front-line support on 37,000 products for the retail customers. Coordinated training program for 32 customer support reps to increase knowledge and understanding of products as well as good customer service practices. Implemented vendor training program to increase customer support rep familiarity with vendor products.
Provided technical support and customer service on hardware and software issues for computer users at all levels to maintain customer base and build customer loyalty.
- Originated the formal problem-solving process to help new employees become proficient in technical support.
1992 - 1996
Special Projects Coordinator
Adia Personnel Services, Columbus, Ohio1992-1996
Special Projects Coordinator(1993-1996)
- Managed $600,000 advertising budget including allocation of resources to fifteen offices, researching new media options, and tracking expenditures and results.Results integrated into marketing and recruiting strategies.
- Negotiated advertising contracts saving roughly $135,000 annually.
- Assisted in the development of a 200-page Human Resources Policy and Procedure manual resulting in improved operations and allowing 14 operating offices to become ISO 9002 ready.
Coordinated leased employee program for twelve states.Managed all unemployment, counseling, termination and other human resource functions as well as collection of invoices.