To attain a Public Relations, Mass Media or Business/Marketing related job and ambitiously step into the career world.
Welcome to my Visual CV. If you have any questions or would like to discuss anything you see, please feel free to contact me via email.
I am a recent graduate of Minnesota State University, Mankato with a major in Mass Media, emphasis in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing. I am organized, busy and focused on balancing my involved lifestyle. I have an incredible work ethic combined with an optimistic mindset.
I am a strong leader with very efficient communication, editing and teamwork skills. I work hard to accomplish great things. I value the quote "Hard work beats talent, unless talent works hard."
Throughout my college career, I encountered great opportunities. I played tennis for Minnesota State Mankato and was a senior captain. I increased my athletic involvement by becoming a Junior High tennis coach in the Mankato community during the 2011 fall season. I was the Vice President of the university's Public Relations Student Society of America chapter and was deeply involved with that as well as the Student Athlete Advisory Committee.
I am well-rounded when it comes to the Public Relations and Business/Marketing world. I worked as the Student Web Editor for Office of Media Relations at Minnesota State Mankato and attained internships in retail management, marketing and sports management.
That set aside, I love expressing myself through writing and do an excellent job of doing so. My classes at Minnesota State Mankato have prepared me for what lies ahead and I am eager to enter the professional world!
Dec 2010 - May 2012
Student News Web Editor
- Wrote and posted news releases and articles pertaining to university events
- Promoted the university's image via website
- Communicated and networked with university marketing directors
- Released final product releases to media outlets community-wide
Aug 2011 - Nov 2011
Mankato East Junior High Tennis Coach
- Developed tennis skills in 7-8 grade girls
- Prepared practice plans and implemented strategy
- Improved the fitness of athletes of different ability levels
- Stressed sportsmanship and a positive work ethic
May 2011 - Aug 2011
Retail Management/Marketing Intern
- Experienced managerial duties in all departments of the Base Exchange retail store
- Shadowed store managers and responded to customer/store situations
- Completed web-based courses related to policy & department
- Communicated and worked directly with military members and families
- Networked and regularly teleconferenced with AAFES Corporate office
Nov 2010 - Apr 2011
Marketing/Sports PR Intern
- Engaged in all game-day duties (set-up, communications, merchandise, intermission activity)
- Promoted team’s image through community-wide events and briefings
- Advertised promotions and sought local sponsorships
- Communicated with team coaches, owners, referees and marketing directors
Aug 2009 - May 2012
Bachelor of Science
Related Courses (Mass Media):
Writing for Mass Media, Mass Media Law, Mass Media Ethics & Criticism, Public Relations Principles, Principles of Visual Mass Media, Writing for Online Multimedia, Mass Media Research, Digital Design for Mass Media, Public Relations Writing, Strategic Communications Case Studies, Photojournalism
Related Courses (Marketing):
Global Business Concepts, Principles of Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Distribution Strategy, Internet Marketing, Sales Management
Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA):
I was an active member of this student organization since my sophomore year. I served as Vice President my senior year. I effectively co-managed an executive board of ten members and planned our chapter's involvement in the Relay for Life walk against Cancer. I stay up to date on the Associated Press style guide and PRSA (Public Relations Society of America) networking opportunities.
Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC):
I was a member of this student organization for my entire college career. Representatives from each collegiate athletic team met to brainstorm and plan fundraisers and events that engaged students, athletes and the community. I participated in a "Rake the Town" event and "Trick of Treat with the Mavericks", allowing the children of the community to interact with Minnesota State Mankato athletes.
MSU Women's Tennis Team:
I played on the DII Women's Tennis team my entire college career and was a senior captain. It made my college experience outstanding, taught me more than I thought possible and reminded me that balance is the key to a busy lifestyle.