Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) with over ten years experience in delivering trust services, fiduciary administration, financial planning and investment management. Working knowledge of fiduciary law, tax law and investment management. Ability to analyze, solve and document problems rising from account administration; interpret trust agreements, estate and investment management documents. Strong organizational and time management skills; committed to completing tasks to meet strict deadlines. Strong communication skills both in verbal and written presentation. Excellent interpersonal skills. Positive attitude, support team decisions by respecting and valuing differences across race, gender and generation. Accepts responsibility for own mistakes and takes action to correct them. High personal motivation, ambition and willingness to learn. Proficient in computer skills and Microsoft office applications.
Feb 1999 - Present
Certified Trust and Financial Advisor
Wachovia Trust, A Wells Fargo Company
- Manage a book of approximately 216 accounts having a total market value of approximately $50,000,000 generating approximately $730,000 in revenue.
- Manage investment portfolios for both discretionary and non-discretionary Investment Management accounts and Fiduciary (irrevocable and revocable trust) accounts in line with bank investment philosophy, guidelines and customer objectives. Eliminate Asset Exceptions or obtain appropriate rationale documentation, documenting all interactions with clients. Adhere to Wachovia policies and procedures to sustain a sound operating environment and avoid audit exceptions, regulatory action, penalties or financial loss.
- Proactively communicate with clients to discuss annual account reviews or issues, periodic investment performance and client requests through all communication channels. Resolve client concerns and complaints by gathering information to understand the root causes of the problem. Communicate complex procedures or investment philosophies with clients to retain and build strong relationships through exceptional customer service.
- Review, interpret and administer Wills and Trust Agreements in compliance with fiduciary law, tax law, AML/KYC, Regulation 9 requirements and corporate policy. Identify problems to prevent errors and charge-offs, overdrafts and excess cash.
- Consult with Tax Officer, Real Estate Officer, Closely-Held Analysts, Wealth Portfolio Services partners and attorneys, accountants and beneficiaries to anticipate, control and resolve account issues.
May 1998 - Feb 1999
• Received inbound clients calls in a call center environment advising business and personal clients and opening deposit accounts such as checking, savings, money market accounts, Certificates of Deposits. • Reviewed and advised clients on credit; received and submitted client information in applying for personal, auto or home equity loans.