Bachelor of Education
- Enrolled in the iTeach Laptop Learning program
- Education of Native Canadians elective course
- Participant in B.Ed Band and Choir
- Special Education, Part 1 (2012), Nipissing University
- Intermediate Division: Family Studies (2017), Queens University
- Senior Division: Social Sciences (2018), Queens University
- Behaviour Management Systems (2018)
- Mindfulness Fundamentals (2016)
- Self-Regulation Institute (2017), MEHRIT Centre
Implement daily lesson plans as dictated by regular classroom teacher.
Demonstrate flexibility in accommodating and adjusting the lesson based on student need.
Exemplify punctuality, reliability, and professionalism in all assignments and with all colleagues.
Provide one-on-one and small group instruction to students identified with exceptionalities.
Accommodations included curricular modifications and implementation of behaviour management strategies to promote classroom inclusion.
Started comprehensive tutoring and summer learning program in the Northwest Territories, offering services to students from Kindergarten to post-secondary.
Was awarded $10,000 grant through ADP for my contributions to the community of Yellowknife.
Taught Grade 3 homeroom and Grade 6 core french.
Implemented collaborative learning practices, differentiated instruction, and guided reading program.
Teamed up with Guidance Counsellor to provide weekly lessons on social and emotional development and regulation.
Accommodated multiple student IEPs for learning disabilities, behaviour challenges, and mental health disorders.
- Grade 4/5 Girls' Soccer Coach (2012-2013)
- Compliment-Gram Fundraiser with Grade 3 class (2013)
- Mathternoon Initiative with teaching team (2013)
- Girls' Club facilitator (2010-2011)
- Fit Club facilitator (2015-2016)
- Proficient in Microsoft, Apple and Google operating systems.
- Was a member of the Technology Professional Learning Community with Yellowknife Education District No. 1
- Technology integration within teaching and learning opportunities (Google Classroom, ReadWorks, SMARTboard, etc.)
Figure Skating background (completion of Gold Dance, Skills, and Interpretive, Junior Silver Freeskate)
Cross-country running (completed 1/2 marathon and multiple shorter races, currently training for 10K in the Fall 2018)
Fitness advocate (facilitated after school Fit Club twice weekly at Weledeh Catholic School)