Position required broad knowledge of the human rights field acquired through my university studies.
• Enhanced my ability to work as part of a team, as well as individually.
• Required an out-going and respectful personality in order to cooperate with other volunteers, local groups and
authorities and local civilians that may have experienced human rights abuse.
• Further developed my research skills and ability to link the research to real world experiences.
• Gained experience in conducting lessons on human rights in local high schools.
• Worked on a project regarding child trafficking in the Ghanaian fishing industry, which required teamwork,
extensive research, ability to converse with locals (occasionally through an interpreter), cultural sensitivity and an
ability to analyse situations in order to draft reports and make recommendations.