Employment Specialist & Job Coach Manager
RCM of Washington
Aug 2013 - Present
- Provides customized employment plans, placement and on-going supports for jobseekers with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Administers and handles intakes, background checks, and person-centered employment plans.
- Markets employment services to potential vendors, businesses and investors.
- Point person of monthly, quarterly and annual reports to both Department of Disability, RSA and DDA Vocational Counselors.
- Conducts workforce development by analyzing employment trends in the district and forecasted business growth by industry.
- Part-takes in DSP's, ISP's and PCEP meetings if work related goals have been identified.
- Evaluates contracts and billing authorizations for supported employment services while administering or terminating contracts referrals.
- Provides job coaching support when job coaches are unavailable.
- Directed technical expertise by training job coaches and new employment specialists joining the team.
- Maintains professional distance between myself and job coach’s.
- Sets clear expectations for job coaches when reporting and direct service reports, which I gather for quarterly reporting and annual billing.
- Resolves human conflicts when situations and/or miscommunication occurs between job coaches and program participants.
- Provides direction to job coaches when questions or duties need clarification of job site visits, employment services provided and the overall department/ program protocol.
- Monitors job coaches providing services to recently hired jobseekers.
- Collects data when making and supporting decisions.
- Executes job development strategies and recruitment while performing motivational interviewing .
- Achieves program goals such as job sustainability outcomes through delegating duties and responsibilities of job coaches.
- In process of starting a Mentorship Program for the department.
Maryland Transit Administration
May 2013 - Aug 2013
- Researched and investigated compliance accidents in the four divisions of Maryland Transit Administration.
- Conducted and documented workplace investigations by observing collected evidential support secured from buses, trains, and facilities.
- Provided memorandums informing worker eligibility requested by claim adjusters.
- Maintained and tracked claim material for top-level executives involving operational function within the division.
- Assisted the Director when performing in-house division audits and compliance checks.
Community Integration Specialist
Mosaic Community Services - Chesapeake COnnections
Aug 2010 - Apr 2013
- Started and managed a volunteer program named the Helping Hands of Chesapeake Connections.
- Coordinated personalized outreach techniques to ensure that all program participants received information regarding inclusive community volunteer opportunities in the surrounding community.
- Recruited and provided motivational supports and encouragement for those individuals who tended to isolate themselves.
- Created, planned and executed program fundraisers for the department.
- Managed and provided monthly reports to the Program Director regarding psychosocial functioning and achievement measures of all program clients.
- Participated in staff and community meetings, the day-to-day operations of the worksite, and the general operations of the program.
- Collected, monitored and tracked data of program participants and their community integration plan goals.
- Lead the continuous quality improvement committee which consisted of nine associates who met monthly in the collaboration of