Built, institutionalized and managed the Alumni Relations program serving over 13,000 alumni in more than 70 countries. Hired, trained and managed a staff of five and a budget of approximately $700,000 while regularly meeting all department and project budget expectations. Developed governance structures, internal processes and communication plans. Acted as ambassador to international and domestic alumni, corporate partners, donors and students. Hosted small group discussions, offered presentations to corporate and alumni audiences and managed the activities of the school’s Alumni Advisory Council. Set fundraising goals, cultivated donors, identified potential sponsors and helped create communication and stewardship processes. Coordinated efforts with Student Services, Admissions and Career Services.
- Created consensus around the value of an Alumni Relations focus for the school by soliciting input into the creation of a vision and three-year strategic plan and presenting and inviting feedback on the final draft.
- Championed the development of the school's first Alumni Advisory Council, out of which resulted the creation of the Distinguished Alumni Award, the Alumni Experience Model and an internal rankings strategy.
- Improved alumni satisfaction by 17% in the first year by streamlining communications, identifying what alumni value and offering more relevant programming.
- Increased attendance at the school's two signature alumni events by 15% by creating more targeted marketing plans and bringing event management in-house.
- Assisted with establishing the school's first formal fundraising program and succeeded in tripling alumni donations in the first year of its existence.
- Led the implementation of and developed guidelines and requirements for a new database management system for Alumni Relations and Development as part of an overall school-wide CRM system.