New Product Developer & Production Engineer
SUNDARAM CLAYTON LTD
Served as New Product Developer & Test Engineer for the Production Engineering Department in the Research and Development division of SCL. Handled the new product development including:
- Marked and studied customers’ drawings and met the customers’ specific requirements and conducted technical reviews and weekly project reviews with customers.
- Performed process planning for new products including selection of machines, design and development of fixtures, tools, gauges, washing machine and leak test rigs.
- Handled cell formation for new products with all facilities and ensured the ramp-up production was on-time.
- Prepared project reports, calculated Takt time and cycle time for all projects.
- Created assembly drawing and including Bill of Materials (BoM) for tools, fixtures and gauges drawing using Pro E , Solid Works and AutoCAD with detailed part diagrams 2D/3D of the individual parts and also fabricated them. Used BoM to select and specify the material property and number of parts in the 2D draft. I used Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances (G&T) in the drawing and prepared the blue print of the product.
- Experience in reviewing the design drawing and testing them for critical dimensions, errors and reliability.
- Selected tools and gauges based on the need then modified it as per requirement.
- Created cells for product with the number of CNC and special purpose machines, gauge checking equipment, leak test machines and final assembly tables.
- Performed CNC programming and machining of the product checking for quality and reliability using gauges, CMM machine and profile projectors
- Experience using SAP to procure and maintain inventory. Created purchase order using SAP. Experience with SAP Production Planning and Material Management modules.
- Completed test components of three Prototype samples (100 each) with the desired results and assembled with the other components. Inspected sampled before sending it to them client.
- Learned and implemented Lean manufacturing, Kanban process in the production line.
- Prepared documentation on PPAP (Part Production and Approval Process) manufacturing drawing, production process and handed over manual for production.
- Tested the component for reliability using disruptive and non-distortive and simulation software.
- Used Six Sigma and DMAIC methodology in the manufacturing line to control the number of defects.
- Interacted with multiple vendors and contractors to set goal and delicate duties and get my work done. I also collaborate and contribute effectively in a cross-functional team environment, including leading design team meeting and also participated in other design review meeting too.
- Troubleshooted problem during the drawing, assembly and manufacturing.
- Supervised and trained other Junior Engineer and GET.