Senior Manager, Global Public Relations, Corporate Communications • 2001 to 2004
Created and conducted strategic public relations plans and activities for the global computer networking solutions provider. Developed innovative promotions and positive media relations increasing company recognition and credibility.Monitored global programs and processes ensuring compliance with identified goals and objectives.Handled external and internal communications for litigation, public affairs and crisis issues.
• Managed CEO and CFO media relations and analyst relations campaigns, securing participation at key industry venues, such as Fortune's Brainstorm, and coverage in business, wire service and trade media, such as Reuters and Wall Street Journal.
• Raised article favorability scores more than 75% over a three-year period by managing the Corporate Communications' global media coverage assessment and PR planning program.
• Planned and managed the company's annual industry analyst event hosting more than 40 analysts.
Senior Manager, Manager, Global Public Relations, Product Business Units • 1997 to 2001
Led strategic public relations planning, project execution and budget management for the company's business units for North America (large enterprises, small- and medium-sized businesses and service providers).Collaborated with various internal groups on strategy and implementation including product marketing, product management, sales and global marketing and communications.Managed U.S. and international staff, multiple communications agencies and vendors.
• Surpassed public relations objectives on a consistent basis, receiving promotions and added responsibilities.
• Established product viability, created sales tools and increased business opportunities through integrated communications campaigns, including thought leadership programs, product announcements, channel and partnership efforts, new product launches, byline articles, customer case studies and product reviews.
• Contributed in the creation of new brands and market categories for innovations winning major editorial coverage and industry awards, including Interop Best of Show, PRWeek's Campaign of the Year and SC Magazine for Ethernet LAN switching, VoIP, wireless LAN, remote access and network security.
• Received CEO's Value Award for exemplifying company values:Customers First, Creating Partnerships.