Sep 2014 - May 2015
Case Manager Intern
HOUSE OF DAWN, INC
- Facilitate group or individual meetings provide support for program participants.
- Perform casework duties and documentation functions required by the agency in Care Logic
- Provide casework services to teen mothers and their children.
- Counseling youth with behavior management using solution focused techniques.
- Complete discharge summaries, implement after/care plan and provide follow-up services if needed once a youth is discharged.
- Serve as liaison between the program and referral agencies.
- Administer age appropriate development assessments on infant and toddlers using Ages and Stages Questionnaire ( ASQ’S).
- Conduct Adult-Adolescent Parent Inventory (AAPPI-II) at intake and at discharge.
- Make contact with school officials, doctors, dentists, and other community resources as required by the situation.
- responsibility of meeting and supporting resident’s needs; supervising residents performance of daily activities prescribed by the agency and ensuring that all housing operations conform to the highest standards of quality.
Aug 2013 - May 2014
School Social Work Intern
Atlanta Public School
- Conduct home visits as a method to access the family and conduct interviews in response to school referrals
- Develop treatment and goals to encourage children and families to better their student’s attendance.
- Address student’s attendance record and make families aware of the Georgia attendance policy.
- Sever on Student Support Team meetings, and provide resource information to student and families.
- Coordinate and participate in family care conferences with multidisciplinary team, refer families to proper resources for any need.
- Refer cases that should be handled by Department of Family and Children Services.
- Keep accurate records of students that have been referred to the School Social Worker.
- Interview students and parents to discuss issues related to non-attendance and develop a plan of action.
- Assist the school in following school board regulations for excessive absences and truancy; attend student support team meetings and court intervention.
- Respond to referrals requesting verification of residence.
- Perform related work as required
Aug 2012 - Dec 2012
Social Work Intern
Nazareth Children’s Home
- Participated in weekly staff meetings.
- Preform initial assessment within the first 30 days of client’s arrival.
- Participated in support team meeting with clients that live on the campus of Nazareth Children’s Home.
- Keep accurate record of contact with each client.
- Set up medical appointments for clients that live on site.
- Attend home visit for clients that were placed in a foster homes or adopted.
- Attend trainings with person that are seeking knowledge on being foster parents or adopt.
- Appear at court hearings on the behalf of client.
- Weekly meeting with case load.
- Participate in Transitional Living Program (Preparation for Adult Living and Apartment Living) serves males and females between the ages of 16 – 21. The purpose of the program is to prepare adolescents and young adults to be self-sufficient regardless of their future vocational and academic choices.
Aug 2007 - May 2009
Clinton Junior College
- Arranged communication with and for students and staff.
- Received incoming telephone calls and faxes.
- Greeted students and visitors and directed them to various locations within the institution.
- Performed typing and other clerical duties.
- Provided information and assistance to clients and customers.
Aug 2012 - May 2015
Clark Atlanta University
Aug 2009 - May 2012
Aug 2007 - May 2009
Clinton Junior College
- Adhere to all rules, regulations, and policy established by the N.A.S.W Code of Ethics and those set by the agency.
- Provide access to resources that offer support and empowerment to families.
- Deliver services professionally and treat all clients with dignity and respect.
- Manage business operations effectively and efficiently by aligning resources across the agency.
- Promote accountability, transparency and quality in all services and programs administered.
- Possesses efficient organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.