I am a current student at Longwood University, expected to graduate in May 2014. I am majoring in Communication Studies with a concentration in Public Relations. I am involved in two different organizations on campus. I am a member of Delta Zeta sorority, and work on community service and philanthropic fund raising and events. I currently hold an executive position in Longwood's programming board, Lancer Productions. I work to plan events and lectures that I find to be beneficial for students and faculty. It has taught me about event planning and organizational communication. I plan on pursuing my studies at Virginia Commonwealth University to earn my Masters degree in Advertising at the VCU Brandcenter. I am interested in many different aspects of Public Relations, including event planning, public relations specialization, and advertising. I have mastered communication and social skills that I feel to be beneficial.
Apr 2009 - Aug 2011
Copper Grill Lobster & Steakhouse
- Manage front desk including seating customers, making reservations, updating the computer system, and assisting wait staff.
- Use communication skills to satisfy customers and to provide the best customer service.
Mar 2008 - Aug 2010
- Greet customers and provide assistance with merchandise.
- Run cash register and audit apparel and accessories.
- Utilize interpersonal communication skills to ensure best customer experience.
Aug 2010 - Present
Bachelor of Arts
Concentration: Public Relations