- Ensuring the adequate supply of all required materials, components and equipment.
- Delivering cost savings for the company.
- Managing the procurement supplier relationships for the company.
- Helping to source alternative items for buyers and customers.
- Developing sourcing strategies.
- Managing commodity cost initiatives.
- Preparing high quality tender documentation.
- Regularly contacting suppliers to renegotiate prices.
- Resolving disputes and claims with vendors and suppliers.
- Keeping all supplier programs current and accurate.
- Delegating projects and tasks to junior staff.
- Promoting best practise across the company.
- Involved in writing up contracts and the terms of sales.
- Developing relationships with distributors.
- Working to create and promote a safe working environment.
- Involved in selling off excess, damaged and inventory and stock.
- conduct market research to learn about the demand for different goods.