Senior Team Manager - Downstream Planning and Reporting
Shell India Markets Pvt. Ltd
- Consolidation of MI results of 200+ entities across 100+ countries and ensuring the same matches with statutory reported numbers.
- Co-ordination and consolidation of MI reporting across geographies, classes of businesses and providing the same to investor relations.
- Earnings reporting and analysis for Downstream, for a size of $5 billion NIBIAT..
- Sales Volume reporting and analysis for Senior Leadership team and investor relations for press release (comprising of about 6.5 million bbls/day)
- Providing details for volume results extract in Quarterly Results Announcement.
- Cost of Sales Adjustment (COSA) Assurance (having an impact of about $1bln) to facilitate reporting on both FIFO and CCS Results. Ensuring the COSA provision at company level is in line with crude movement during the period.
- Working on a unique business model of reporting and analyzing business results of different streams in various geographies.
- Managing two key SOX controls for Downstream reporting.
- Publishing metrics for all the entities for management discussions on efficiency and first time right submissions. Participating in forums and giving inputs to ensure the submissions are first time right. Working on removing bottle necks which delay the submissions.
- Super user for global reporting community.
- Managed billing of entire Chennai centre FTE to entities across the globe.
- Planning and Latest estimate projections for manpower cost.
July, 2008 - Sept, 2009
- Performed migration of the Controller's activity from UK.
- End to end management of month close process.
- Variance analysis of results of UK operations and adherence to sox controls in place.
- Standardization of various processes, thereby saving a considerable amount of time.
- Was part of the initial team of Shell Business service center and have overseen the whole ramp up of FTE from 20 to 700+ in 4 years. Did a Green belt project for right skilling of resources, thereby saving considerable cost to the company as well as increasing the efficiency of performance.
- Implemented end to end SAP based Consolidation system to report results of 200+ operating units for MI and their reconciliation with statutory reporting results.
- Implementation of new business model in ERP which will enable a better way of reporting to drive value.