- Mumbai, India
- +91 8097280345
Enthusiastic learner with experience in software development and tech management.
Experienced in delivering complex products in a fast paced startup using waterfall and agile software development process.
- Highly scalable SOA design patterns
- Functional & object oriented design patterns
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- People & Project Management
- Technical Hiring
- Ruby on Rails
- PostgreSql with Postgis
- ElasticSearch, Logstash & Kibana
- Erlang, Elixir & Phoenix
- Resque & Sidekiq
- Git version control
Jun 2015 - Present
I was responsible for handling new products & features in Rent and Supply cluster. Led a team of 50 people who was responsible for:
- Ad Products: lead & impression based products where goal was to predict & deliver the promised leads or impressions with honouring the relevance
- Rentals: Improving search & discovery in rentals
- Flatmates: Helping users to find flatmates with a fully functional product(android & iOS apps) including chat support.
- Rental Agreements: Helping users to create online rental agreements. Product was configurable enough to support different templates.
- Paying Guests: Improving search and discovery in PGs with real time vacancy updating using supply side product, BigBHK
- Housing Agent App: A diary for brokers to manage their properties and leads and share the same in the broker network
- Supply: Controlling the quality of supply( rent & resale) with a dedicated data collection app which have soft & hard data validations in place with image tilt & blur detection features. Aim was to optimise the cost of data collection & quality check processes.
Head, Server Side Development
Apr 2014 - May 2015
I was responsible for handling the backend development of all the products at Housing. Led a team of 20 people who was responsible for:
- Improving the search & discovery in existing products like rentals, resale, PG & new projects.
- Introduced 3 new products: Home loans, Rental Agreements and Serviced Apartments.
- Designed the architecture of payments using PayU
- Designed an in-house URL shortening service
Jun 2013 - Mar 2014
- As a Software Developer, worked on various technologies including Ruby on Rails, PostgreSql + Postgis, Redis, Memcached, Resque etc. Contributed to existing rent & resale products and built a few from scratch:
- Subscription Service: Provides the functionality to subscribe for newly added properties matching to the user’s criteria. It sends alerts and properties over mails, push notifications and google now cards.
- Mail Service: Purpose of the service was to provide mailing functionality with a support of multiple mail gateways(mailchimp, mandrill etc). Along with the basic features of sending & scheduling mails, it has features like:
- Central templating system to control the uniformity of all the emails from Housing along with the functionality of sub modules & template versions
- A/B testing functionality for template versions
- Maintain whitelisted email ids to stop the accidental/intentional abuse of the mail service in development & testing environment
- Maintain bounced email ids to control the health of the accounts
- Support of in-mail feedback forms
- ACL(Access Control List): Built a system to control authorisation of all the employees who use the interfaces/dashboards at Housing. The service provides hurdle free integration for other services (any tech stack) and an easy interface to manage the authorisation of all the employees. Designed the service using redis & postgres to deliver most used APIs under 10ms.
- Land & Plot Projects: Aim of the project was to create a web portal where user can search for lands & plots with 360 degree panoramas. Along with the basic forms and APIs, the service provides:
- an interface to create & upload 360 degree panoramas using krpano
- interface to create plot polygons on the google map and linking with the specific plot configuration
- image uploader and storage using AWS S3
- A rich text editor to build wikis
Jul 2012 - May 2013
The project aims at detecting plagiarism due to variable or function renaming, function reordering, extra code insertion etc. Implemented the project using lex, yacc & c++. Results were comparable to MOSS & JPLAG.