I help individuals develop the thinking skills necessary to be effective, competitive and relevant in the current economy. I help organizations define problems, recognize opportunities, and develop new products and services by finding out-of-the-box solutions to produce innovation. I provide a combination of project consulting and training to clients/companies and organizations, facilitating task groups organized to address a particular problem or opportunity a company would like to focus on.
Jan 2013 - Present
PowerHue Consultant Group
Web Editor/Office Manager
Organizational Development Goals and Implementation
- BONGOHIVE (tech and Innovation Hub Lusaka, Zambia)
- ASIKANA (Women’s Association Lusaka, Zambia)
- Determining and clarifying strategic and operational problems.
- Identifying and assessing the pros and deltas of prospective strategies or SWOT analysis.
- Development and Advice.
Fundraising and Asset Collection
- Kalonde Primary School
Jun 2015 - Aug 2015
College Prep Specialist
- Use technology and library resources.
- Provide homework assistance to children and teens.
- Plan, organize, and present CollegePrep programs.
- Mentor and provide on-site training to TLAs.
- Mentor branch children and teens.
- Plan and facilitate daily College predatory activities appropriate for the program.
- Provide CollegePrep digital resources for library patrons.
- Provide monthly reports on attendance and programming to both the Program Manager.
- Collect statistical data using the ETO database.
- Work with the Library Supervisor to develop and post scheduling.
- Arrive on time for work, wear your staff badge, and accurately report hours worked.
- Attend the mandatory trainings during the course of the program year.
Aug 2012 - May 2013
Ben Ngenda Advocates
International Contract Law and Corporate Governance Researcher (Internship 2012 to 2013)
- Prepares and assists with closings, including organization of closing room or other area where documents are kept and preparation and management of signature pages
- Effectively manages multiple (large and small) complex matters, including maintaining and working with communication and distribution lists, service lists and mailing labels
- Effectively uses department-specific protocols for storing and managing documents and for tracking the status of matters. Proactively follows up on matters as necessary.
- Maintains corporate minute books
- Creates a closing binder with little supervision
- Interest in learning international corporate law and organizational structure terminology, such as Acquisition, bylaws, project financing, insurance...etc
Aug 2011 - Jun 2012
Lead Character Educator
- Government funded Health/nutrition based "Edutainment".
- Co-create written material performed.
- Taught urban-area kids and adults about healthy eating habits and exercise.
- completed five-hundred plus shows in two-hundred schools in Philadelphia Metro areas.
- Distributing Educational materials to teachers and prizes to students.
- Responsible for student participations and informations retainment . *Unloading, set-up and re-loading of sound, stage and educations equipment.
- Uphold professional integrity of the company for the duration of the tour on /off hours.
Feb 2011 - Feb 2012
UrbanSlang T-shirt Boutique
- Identified an idea that customers actually want or need.
- Transforming ideas into an actionable plan by setting a vision and executing it.
- Building relationship with printer and distributer.
Technical Team Member
- Graphically producing the ideas to make the product.
- Web Design
Jan 2011 - Jun 2011
- Create fundraising opportunities through various business development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up and new lead generation.
- Leverage existing business while continually generating new sales.
- Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations, using effective written and verbal communication.
- Assist in identifying, recruiting, training and managing temporary coordinators and volunteers.
- Oversee and participate in the execution of major fundraising programs such as MDA’s Shamrocks Against Dystrophy, Muscle Walk, Lock-Ups, Fill the Boot, Golf Tournaments, Social Events and other community based fundraising and health care activities such as clinics, MDA Summer Camp, support group and other service programs.
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
- Drive: Motivated to meet and exceed fundraising goals and quotas. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with sponsors to meet business objectives. Demonstrate the ability to close the sale.
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills, seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed. Demonstrate the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, including public speaking; listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings; write clearly and informatively.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments
Aug 2007 - May 2009
Team Leader, International Dept. Liaison and International Schools Student Surveyor.
AMERICORPS - Community Service Center Lock Haven, PA
- Project Leader–Coordinated and completed over 450 volunteer hours.
*Marketing/Creative assistance broadening AmeriCorps
- Improved rates of volunteering nationally/internationally twofold in two years.
- Strategy Committee for growth in attracting new students to the the volunteer effort.
- Interest increase of 18% of school population and participation of 8-10%, from prior years.
- Supervised and Instructed trainings for 100+ persons for various service projects: *Championed Diversity Training for AmeriCorps Students.
- Global Service Learning Student Surveyor- Carmen Pampa, Bolivia.
- Co-Established NGO for unrecognized citizens in Ait lekkak Morocco.
- Sole-Recruiter for enrolling International Student Volunteers.