- 10 years of architecting and building LAMP-based web applications
- Seasoned PHP and MySQL developer with proven programming skills
- Large project experience
- Drupal enthusiast with ability to build new Drupal sites and convert legacy and proprietary CMS
- Exceptional ability to research trends and use findings to design and execute innovative strategy
- Highly versatile; quickly master new roles, responsibilities, technologies, and environments
- Active interest in usability and user-centered design of GUIs
- Demonstrate outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excel at interacting with broad populations including C-suite, staff, clients and partners
- Proven cross-cultural competency
- Proven value as a team member demonstrated by longevity and progression throughout career
- Active interest in project management (currently studying to obtain the CAPM certification)
I am a trained engineer with over 10 years of experience architecting and building LAMP-based web applications in positions of increasing complexity. I have demonstrated success developing the mission-critical web presence of federal, corporate and nonprofit organizations. Over the last 4 years, I have become a senior level Drupal developer (and enthusiast) as a result of extensive and consistent effort helping clients leverage this increasingly popular Web platform. My experience includes high profile and large projects in Drupal. Because I am a seasoned PHP/MySQL developer, I am able to build powerful and scalable Drupal websites with clean code that delight clients who are seeking high value/low cost Web solutions. I enjoy being a Drupal evangelist and helping newcomers understand and build competency with this software. I excel in positions where I am responsible for identifying and proposing innovative approaches to Web development and working on teams that allow me to share (and build) my Drupal and SDLC expertise.
To lend software engineering expertise on a contract basis (local or remote) to the development of Drupal CMS
2000 - Present
Senior Web Developer and Consultant
- As a Senior Drupal Consultant for Segue Technologies, Inc. (Small Business & GSA Contract Holder), relied upon to bring expertise in Drupal architecture and implementation to client engagements in the federal, corporate and non-profit sectors. Participate in requirements gathering and analysis. Create work breakdown structure and provide estimates. Install and configure modules and themes. Resolve technical challenges encountered. Prioritize tasks and work independently yet interact well with development team. Stay on schedule and on budget. Specific accomplishments include leading the migration of two online, high traffic newspapers. Responsible for environment preparation, model translation, and development of migration scripts, among other tasks.
- As a Senior Drupal Consultant for Watershed Associates, Inc. (Woman-Owned Small Business & GSA Contract Holder), led the migration of the company website to the Drupal platform (version 6). Created the architecture of the site, set up the database, developed the themeing, imported all content and transferred the database and files to the production server. Provide ongoing support. Keep current with core and module releases and security bulletins.
- As Lead Web & Database Developer for Vanguard Communications, develop the business-critical web presence of the company and company clients. Review contract awards and provide direction on web development solutions and infrastructure. Build contracted websites using Drupal, performing research and analysis and identifying innovations for clients. Advise VP of Operations on IT infrastructure and software needs. Build, configure and maintain LAMP server that hosts company Intranet and MySQL databases. Conceptualize, build and maintain company website and Intranet with supporting proprietary CMS and CRM using PHP.
- As Technology Steward & Lead Web Developer for Discovery Partnerships, Inc. (Woman-Owned Small Business & GSA Contract Holder), offer technical vision to company's federal strategic plan, contributing to firm's growth with innovative, online initiatives. Conceptualize and build company websites and online communities using Drupal and integrating registration, payment processing, and CRM capabilities.
- As Founder & Lead Web Developer for Comertia, led the growth and direction of an online B2B community that represents 66 countries and 56,000+ companies. Developed the concept for the site, drew the blueprint and created all code using PHP and MySQL. Coordinated with graphic artists on site design. Built sales and marketing strategies and strategic partnerships to generate the site's annual revenue; built team to execute said strategies.
2000 - 2002
- As Webmaster, developed and maintained websites for company clients. Helped manage a major client account (Altadis, a Fortune 500 international company), acting as the liaison in charge of the client's web site; self-taught PHP and MySQL to meet unexpected client needs.
1999 - 2002
Centro Informático Coslada
- As a Technical Instructor, trained students on web design and development.
Aug 2009 - Aug 2009
Two-day, experiential workshop for engineers on taming the growing complexity inherent in systems and making usable and satisfying products and services; led by HCD expert
Jun 2004 - Jul 2004
Practical training for Web developers on usability policies, methods, research, and best practices that improve the usability of federal Web sites and other communication technologies (sponsored by GSA and HHS)