- Proven track record of creating compelling marketing communications programs that drive growth. Problem solver and idea generator. Extensive experience in a variety of media, both digital and traditional.
- Excellent strategic thinker, applying planning and analytical skills to diverse projects, including launches.
- Strong project management and budgeting skills. Establishes processes to reach defined goals on defined dates.
- Clear written and verbal communicator with persuasive interpersonal skills.
- Board member, Communications, Reno Tahoe chapter AIGA (the professional association for design) and founding member, 2006-present.
- Member, Marketing/PR Committee, Nevada Museum of Art, 1997-present. Member, Board of Trustees, Nevada Museum of Art, 1997-2005. Chair, Public Relations & Marketing Committee, 1997-2003. Vice President, Executive Board, Nevada Museum of Art, 2000-2002.
- Steering Committee, Nevada Women's Fund Salute to Women of Achievement 1997-1999.
- Produced product launch video which was awarded five 2009 Telly Awards®.
- Volunteer of the Year, Truckee Meadows Division of the American Heart Association, 1995.
- Outstanding Toastmaster, Club Med Toastmasters, 1992.
- Employee of the Month, Washoe Medical Center, August 1989.
- Launched new products with extensive marketing support, including tradeshows, trade advertising, video and websites.
- Developed patient recruitment marketing strategy for physician practices.
- Created and marketed new events, such as Washoe Heart Month, flu shot campaign, KUNR Jazz Brunch, which met or exceeded attendance targets.
Web and digital communications
- Redesigned top-level web presence for large university site.
- Developed internal and external e-communications program, increasing visits to news site.
- Launched e-commerce sites and Google AdWords pay-per-click campaigns.
Branding and identity
- Rebranded health system, including renaming of 25+ services, and development of new logos, ad campaigns and internal communications.
- Managed extensive new higher-education graphic identity launch for more than 60 separate programs. Orchestrated campus-wide communication plan.
Sales and fiscal management
- Produced significant $50,000 savings in corporate annual report production.
- Met aggressive, “stretch” sales revenue goal after one year.
Feb 2009 - Jul 2009
- Manage annual report design, production and distribution for publicly traded corporation. Expertise saved corporation $50,000 (more than 30% of budget) on design/production costs.
- Redesign investor relations website, ensuring compliance with SEC regulations. Under own initiative, developed knowledge-sharing site for sales team.
- Plan and execute annual shareholder meeting, earnings calls and other shareholder communications.
- Produce advertising and collateral materials.
Dec 2007 - Oct 2008
- Lead implementation of manufacturer's marketing strategies, including four key new-product launches. Launch components include planning, advertising, collateral, websites, video and specification sheets.
- Supervise extensive B2B trade advertising campaign with insertions in more than 15 publications.
- Manage digital initiatives, including management of corporate website, launch of company's first direct sales website, and product launch-specific website. Implement pay-per-click advertising and paid placement in e-guides. Hire new web agency. Oversee content management system and electronic databases.
- Produce a variety of collateral pieces, including brochures, specialty sales materials, catalogs and price sheets.
- Administer distributor co-op program and coordinate participation in six major industry tradeshows.
- Develop and implement departmental budget tracking system.
- Manage graphic designer, marketing coordinator and e-communications specialist.
Jul 2005 - Dec 2007
Director, e-Communications and Marketing
- Lead and direct marketing team projects, including redesign of www.unr.edu gateway website and launch of a network of on-campus digital information monitors fed with web content. Analyze and report site analytics.
- Manage University's online news website, updated daily, increasing the number of stories published by 40 percent. News channel also includes email digest versions for internal and external audiences.
- Direct planning, copywriting and design for a variety of institutional websites, including the Graduate School, presidential search, Marketing and Communications and Wolf Pack Madness.
- Manage planning, launch and implementation of new University brand and graphic identity system.
- Plan and execute collateral projects, such as college-specific brochures and the commencement program.
Jun 2003 - Jul 2005
- Manage underwriting sales department of University's public-radio station. Determine station rates and write proposals, contracts and on-air copy. Develop sales and trade policies.
- Increased underwriting net revenue by 12 percent in first year. Station net revenue more than doubled within two years. Added more than 30 new accounts and increased revenue on majority of account renewals.
- Introduced customer relationship management (CRM) software and developed sales forecasting tools.
- Created successful, revenue-producing monthly special event partnership with the Nevada Museum of Art, the KUNR Jazz Brunch.
Feb 2003 - Jun 2003
Corporate Marketing Manager
The Magnolia Companies
• Manage all aspects of company external image, including public relations, media relations, advertising, collateral development, website and community sponsorships, such as successful Artown event.
Aug 2001 - Feb 2003
• Marketing communications consultant for several healthcare clients, plus freelance writing assignments.
Jun 1994 - Aug 2001
Brand Marketing Coordinator (Manager)
Washoe Health System
- Responsible for planning and creation of advertising, collateral and website. Evaluate market research and help develop overall health system advertising strategies.
- Oversee work of advertising agency to plan and execute TV, print, radio and out-of-home for acute-care hospital, insurance company and related healthcare services.
- Advertising leader on special events teams for Washoe Women's Day, Heart Month, Washoe Village grand opening, Senior Options Month and other events.
- Manage website, including interactive advertising and e-marketing, and oversee content and design.
- Responsible for copywriting, design, production and agency management of external collateral materials, including brochures, fliers and posters.
Apr 1991 - Jun 1994
Marketing Communications Coordinator
Washoe Health System
- Publish and write publications for employees and physicians, plus award-winning community annual report.
- Extensive media experience, including international press coverage resulting from dramatic winter rescue of family. Handle media relations for key service lines, including daily media contact and long-term planning.
- Editor/publisher of quarterly community newsletter, and writer and editor of monthly physician newsletter.
Feb 1989 - Apr 1991
Public Relations Coordinator
Washoe Health System
- Write, edit and oversee creative production of company annual report. Write and produce a variety of desktop publishing projects, including editing and producing weekly employee newsletter.
- Handle media relations for key service lines. Experience includes daily media contact and long-term planning.
- BA journalism, University of Nevada, Reno. Dual advertising/print emphasis.
- Completed Nevada Women's Fund Professional Development Series, 1996.
- Introduction to Graphic Design, Art Center College of Design, Art Center at Night/San Francisco, 2002.
- Completed Leadership Reno-Sparks, 2005.