A motivated and results-oriented Multimedia Journalist/Producer with professional experience in News Producing, Healthcare Communications, Marketing and Writing. Proven track record for writing compelling copy for broadcast, print and online media as well as success in attracting media interest for businesses. Adept at delivering brand consistent messaging and communicating/clarifying complex topics.
Producing clips from morning news, freelance producing including celebrity interview and music video as well as promo video from morning news coverage.
Producer: Anisha V. Williams, Wed. Feb. 6, 2008 Little boy doesn't return home after school, we're out all night with police, and more than 100 volunteers covering the search. He's eventually found at 8:50 a.m., about 16 hrs later. As Morning News Producer, I led overnight coverage including cut-ins with soundbites from family & officials.
Oct 2014 - Present
Field Marketing Representative
Geometry Global - Barefoot Wines
Publically represent international brand at client-facing events in an effort to convert consumers and boost sales on local-level.
- Increased Barefoot Wine stadium sales at Minor League Baseball games in New Orleans by 50% through offering samples, communicating detailed product description and answering consumer questions in a fun and friendly manner.
- I’ve spent 125+ hours carrying out events that require coordination with store managers, setting up for demonstration events, interacting with customers and closing the sale.
Oct 2014 - Apr 2015
Maximize new client growth opportunities through coaching office managers on marketing best practices.
Enterprised marketing initiatives including Tax Talks, Block Parties and Grand Opening events for 21 offices to drive client growth. Collected 500+ new client leads through offering a free look at previous years’ taxes.
Secured media coverage with local news outlets and set up interviews with Tax Professionals to educate public on 2014 tax filing changes including ways the Affordable Care Act affects individuals.
Delivered weekly presentation to all managers and compose staff-motivating weekly newsletter highlighting key analytics and marketing activities.
May 2013 - May 2014
Louisiana Health Cooperative, Inc. (LAHC)
Manage communications/marketing initiatives, media relations, Website, and social media for start-up health insurance company. I wrote content for brochures, fact sheets, press releases, newsletters, website, social media and member letter templates.
- I served as lead over website redesign which received 7,700+ unique visitors during first month and 45,000 unique visitors in first 6 months live.
- My role in creating important documents including Logo Usage Policy & Guidelines, Benefits at a Glance and Provider Statement was vital in ensuring company achieved NCQA Accreditation.
- I wrote 10 news releases over 12 months which received coverage by 44 local and national media outlets directly resulting in higher call center inquiries and higher online traffic upon distribution of each.
- As 7th employee hired by this start-up company, I contributed greatly to its 17,000 new health insurance enrollees.
- Increased Facebook followers by 3000%; increased Twitter followers by 1000%; Increased LinkedIn followers by 336%.
Sep 2012 - Sep 2013
Contributing Writer (Freelance)
- Cover community news for the West Bank region of New Orleans and write other stories as assigned including conduct interviews and capturing photos/videos to aid storytelling.
Apr 2011 - Jul 2012
Producer of Sat. /Sun. 9:00 & 10:00 p.m. newscast; Associate Producer of Sun. 9:30 p.m. sports show; regularly fill-in as Producer of weekday newscasts. Post content to website multiple times a day including copy and video.
Accomplishments: Consistently exceeded managers’ expectations in developing story breakouts that provide added story perspective for viewers. Post content daily to website including copy & video.
Sep 2010 - Mar 2011
Produced one hour of two hour a.m. newscast (5-7:00 a.m.); Producer of Noon newscast 2-3 times/week. Coordinate overnight/early morning news coverage with Co-Producer as it relates to story selection, reporter assignments and obtaining video from stringer services.
Accomplishments: Successfully transitioned from traditional control room to an automated studio & control room. Consistently exceeded managers’ expectations in covering breaking overnight news.
Aug 2008 - Aug 2010
Brought in by News Director as Lead Producer of brand new 9:00 a.m. newscast; promoted to 6:00 p.m. newscast after 15 months. Responsibilities include changing running order of stories at moment’s notice to fit in breaking news, updating information or adjusting to technical difficulties. Lead daily post show meeting.
Accomplishments: Solo-produced start up newscast which showed immediate increase in time-slot ratings. Viewership continued to climb each ratings period.
Oct 2006 - Apr 2008
Producer of 5:00 p.m. newscast for 7 months, then 5:30-7:00 a.m. for 11 months. When a.m. producer position opened, I requested that shift to get more hands-on experience. The move allowed me to develop independent news judgment & better decision making skills. Responsibilities included write all newscast copy, edit all video (linear editing), write & edit show open (non-linear), also produce six 3:00 minute news cut-ins, monitor police scanners, call-in photographer and/or reporter when necessary overnight, coordinate satellite feeds/interviews among source, reporter & station engineer, field produce for on-location live newscast.
Accomplishments: My ability to manage multiple tasks while also keeping a close ear to police scanners led to my station being first on scene and breaking big stories ahead of other news outlets in market. Morning newscast I solo-produced earned an unprecedented 9 Nielsen rating for the Feb. 2008 book.
Aug 2004 - May 2006
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Grambling State University
Morning News Intern, KTVE-TV in West Monroe, LA (6/05 - 8/05)
Production Assistant/Intern, Daft Films for BET (10/05 - 12/05)
Producer/Reporter, Grambling Sports Radio Network (8/05 - 5/06)
Writer/Voice-over Assistant, KGRM 91.5 FM (8/05 - 6/06)
Staff Writer, The Gramblinite campus newspaper (8/04 - 6/06)
TV Show Host/Producer, Lyric Café at GSU TV Center (8/04 - 6/06)
Staff Writer, GSU Visions Alumni Magazine (8/04 - 6/06)
Student Worker, Office of Communications & PR (8/04 - 6/06)
TV Co-host, Hip-Hop & Fashion, New Orleans Access-TV (6/04 - 7/04)
Summer Intern, KNOU 104.5 FM (6/04 - 8/04)
Aug 2002 - May 2004
Xavier University of Louisiana
Staff Reporter, The Xavier Herald (1/04 - 5-04)