Oman Telecommunication Company
Responsibilities as Transmission Engineer in O&M Department
- Restore transmission TV systems networks faults with coordination with Transmission NOC.
- Attend on-site live broadcast coverage’s for ministry of information’s as Per work-orders given by Team Leader.
- Test end to end circuit and co-ordinate with ministry of information.
- Attend acceptance tests for TV broadcast Transmission equipments as per Work-orders given by Team Leader.
- Coordinate weekly reviews with manager or team leader.
- Follow policies and procedure of the company.
- Audit the transmission TV systems a network spares and test equipments.
- Order the transmission TV systems networks spares and test equipments.
- Install the TV network systems and DDF jumpers.
Project Handled & responsibilities as Project Engineer ( Assignment ) :
Project Handled :
- Ministry of Information Contribution and Distribution Project.
- Gulf Cup 19 TV and Transmission project.
- GCC Summit TV and Transmission project.
- Muscat Hills GPON project (FTTH ).
- Asian Beach Games 2010 Satellite and Codec’s Projects for TV Broadcasting.
- Planning for FOC and Transmission equipment
- Preparation of detailed Technical Specifications/Scope of Works (SOW) documents for the approved Projects, including the Tender documents
- Evaluation of the received offers and preparation of Evaluation Reports for presentation to, & clearance by, the concerned Committees, participation in negotiations with the successful Bidder and preparation of the final Contract SOW.
- Manage technical resources (technologies and equipment) ensuring optimum levels of efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage & communicate across several departments and teams
- Taking responsibility for a team of engineers.
- Supervise the execution of the work of the projects
- Ensuring a project is fit-for-purpose and adheres to the project budget and schedule.
- Ensuring all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- Interpreting clients' requirements, identifying and addressing design parameters and engineering problems and ensuring solutions are implemented.
- Resolve independently day to day operational issues related to project tracking and data storage.
- Project Lead in MOI Contribution Distribution Project in 2008/2009/2010
- Added new TV Equipment in Omantel's TV transmission in 2008/2009
- Directly involved in the preparations of GCC Summit that was in Oman December 2008.
- Leading the Coordination with Ministry of information, Ministry of Sports Affairs and Al-Jazeera’s Sport in their Requirements for the Gulf Cup 19 in 2008/2009.
- Leading the Evaluation team for MOI Contribution Distribution Project 2010
- Project Lead and Handling Asian Beach Games 2009/2010 Broadcast requirements ( Preparation of detailed Technical Specifications/Scope of Works (SOW) documents for the approved Projects, including the Tender documents, Evaluation of the received offers and preparation of Evaluation Reports for presentation to, & clearance by, the concerned Committees, participation in negotiations with the successful Bidder and preparation of the final Contract SOW).