- Twelve years experience designing and developing targeted software solutions in the heavily regulated financial industry.
- Proven leadership, communication and teambuilding skills. Worked closely with business analysts, stakeholders, end-users, executive committees, corporate officers and business unit managers throughout all phases of the product development life cycle.
- Experienced working within various software development models including Agile, Rapid Application Development, Iterative, Waterfall, Hybrid, Quality-Attribute Based Architecting and Test Driven Design.
- Eight years experience with database design, implementation, enterprise reporting, normalization, maintenance and performance tuning.
- VB .NET 2.0, 3.5
- VB 5, 6
- Transact SQL
- Regular Expressions
- VB .NET 4.0
- VBA Script
- Visual Studio 2005, 2010
- Team Foundation Server 2010
- MS SQL Server 2000/2005
- MS Access 97/2000/2003
- Data Reports
- Crystal Reports
- SQL Server Integration Services
- Data Transformation Services
- MS Windows NT/2000/XP/7
- MS Server NT/2000/2003
- IIS 5/6
2009 - Present
Staff Programmer Analyst
- Lead developer/architect responsible for the successful modeling and development of an application designed to calculate production-tiered sales commissions for 4000 representatives, selling 14000 portfolios through 120,000 accounts. Additional requirements included variable split commissions between multiple reps, sales tracking, audit reporting, EFT payments through a financial custodian and a hierarchal commission structure represented by unit, area and regional managers.
- Lead developer/architect responsible for the successful development of an application for shareholder account management. The development team's primary focus was to provide a consolidated database and user interface for the management of both in-house mutual fund accounts and outside mutual fund accounts. Additional requirements included the ability to process a variable schedule of systematic withdrawal payments as well as audit and compliance reporting.
- Modeled and developed a shared data processing component abstracted from several of our internal client-server applications. Once tested and integrated into our development library, the new data access layer improved team development productivity by 15% in data-centric applications.
1999 - 2009
Manager of Computer Systems
Securities Management and Research, Inc.
- Project lead for the successful migration of five in-house applications from VB 5/6 to .NET. This effort included upgrading all enterprise reporting from Data Reports and Crystal Reports to Data Dynamics' ActiveReports and Microsoft's SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Project lead for successfully designing and implementing two custom components for the rapid development of flexible reporting solutions and dynamic filtering.
- Lead developer for a portfolio accounting and reporting application. Requirements included account maintenance, daily transactional functionality and historical performance reporting.
- Designer and lead developer for the successful refactoring of our transfer agent data processing application. Extracted raw file management and database interaction into a new business layer component capable of rapid modification, testing and deployment. These improvements reduced development and maintenance time from hours/days to minutes.
- Prototyped our first corporate ASP.NET intranet browser-based application used for managing and tracking support incidents.
1997 - 1999
Integrated Data Designs
- Designed and authored corporate business continuity and disaster recovery plan per FINRA and SEC specifications.
- Project lead for the successful development of an application for consumption of DST Vision broker account data. Additional project requirements involved processing seven nested file layouts, data scrubbing, a recursive parsing algorithm used to extract account registration fields and integration into our corporate data warehouse.
- Project lead responsible for successfully planning and implementing the analysis, conversion and testing of corporate technology assets to Y2K compliance per FINRA and SEC specifications.
- Provided total-tier support for 60 users, 80 workstations, 1 Novell server, 2 NT servers, 5 operating systems and several legacy DOS applications.
1995 - 1997
- Provided Tier 1 support for over 500 clients both locally and in remote job sites.
- Helped a team reduce quarterly purchasing costs by $50,000 through an improved system of asset management, resource allocation and tracking.
Bachelor of Science
- Additional concentrations included Computer Science, Marketing and French.
Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
Microsoft Professional Certification