BAR ADMISSIONS & CERTIFICATION State of Illinois, May 2000 United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, June 2000 United States District Court, Central District of Illinois, July 2000 Certified Arbitrator, Circuit Court of Cook County Mandatory Arbitration Program, June 2003
Jun 2006 - Present
Attorney - Claim Litigation
• Manage litigation against Allstate involving various issues including bad faith, breach of contract, privacy, appeals, verdicts in excess of insured’s contractual limits and other related litigation in a cost effective and efficient manner. • Participate in compliance and risk management by providing advice and counsel to regional departments and business units. • Oversee controversies involving claim’s policies, practices and procedures as well as allegations of legal malpractice against Allstate’s Staff Counsel Department. • Coordinate with Human Resources and the effected business units to investigate charges of employment discrimination and harassment. • Work with eDiscovery issues and on multidisciplinary teams within corporate legal department. • Teach and create claims training classes based on new and existing legislation.
Sep 2004 - Jun 2006
• Drafted new policies and amendments/endorsements to comply with various state laws and regulations. • Developed and implemented new product lines of insurance which included the creation of new companies. • Worked on cross functional team to create the new product lines and companies. • Reviewed policies and forms against various state regulations and statutes to ensure compliance. • Filed policies with various states and departments of insurance and worked to obtain approval of same.
Oct 2000 - Aug 2004
Senior Trial Attorney - Staff Counsel Office - Chicago
• Conducted numerous bench and jury trials, appeals, arbitration hearings, depositions, pre-trial conferences, motion hearings, status hearings and other dispute resolution options. • Extensive contact with clients, internal staff and third party witnesses. • Conducted legal research and drafted motions, memoranda in support and in opposition to motions, pleadings, motions in limine, jury instructions and other documents for the court. • Reviewed and abstracted relevant technical documents for claims and litigation. • Provided insurance internal assessment opinions and assisted with managerial duties including training.
Jun 2000 - Oct 2000
Best, Vanderlaan & Harrington
• Conducted depositions and attended court proceedings in various areas of law including employment discrimination, wrongful discharge, product liability, professional liability, consumer fraud, defamation and declaratory judgment actions. • Maintained extensive contact with clients and claims adjusters. • Conducted legal research and drafted motions/memoranda in support/opposition to pleadings.
Jun 1998 - Jun 2000
• Conducted legal research and drafted pleadings, discovery, discovery responses, memorandums, and briefs. • Assisted attorney’s in trial preparation which included interviewing clients and third party witnesses. • Trained new paralegals which included the creation of training materials.