Vice President, Branch Manager
Founded in 1943, Highland Bank is a medium-sized community bank with over $600 million in assets, 150 employees and 8 locations in the greater Twin Cities area.
Recruited in 2003 as Assistant Branch Manager officer then promoted to Assistant Vice President (2004) to Vice President (2009). Responsible for overseeing consumer and commercial loan portfolios for the largest branch division in Highland Bank.
- Responsibilities include maintaining and growing the consumer and commercial loan portfolios consisting of $8MM in commercial loan and $64 MM in deposits; personally accountable for over $3.2 MM in commercial loans and over $10MM in deposits.
- Expand the customer base through fee service generation, deposit growth and consumer and commercial loans to new and existing relationships. Refer customers to other bank departments for additional services. Work resulted in a positive net DDA for the last two years.
- Manage branch staff including Assistant Branch Manager, Teller Supervisor, Personal Bankers, Customer Service Representatives, Receptionist and Banking Associate. Process payroll on a semi-monthly basis for all direct reports.
- Implement policy and procedural changes as necessary for regulatory or security compliance. Maintain the privacy and security control of all customer records. Manage all reports of suspicious activity or lax security as necessary for the branch.
- Make credit decisions based on the bank's credit policy.
- Inform and lead the consumer banking staff on bank service standards as well as features & benefits of bank products and procedures.
- Provide ongoing employee supervision including goal setting, monitoring of production, scheduling, recruiting, conducting staff meetings, budget preparation, etc.
- Participate in community activities that enhance the desired growth of the bank.