- International Oncology Network VISION Award Nominee
- International Oncology Network’s Respect & Ethics VISION Week- three-time award recipient
- Winner of the Maryland Senatorial Scholarship
- Named to JMU’s Dean List (five consecutive semesters- Cum Laude/Summa Cum Laude (two consecutive semesters)
- Nominee: “Most Likely to Succeed” from JMU’s Mass Communications Dept
- Dance company Performer of the Year- 1998-1999, JMU.
Dance: I have studied Classical ballet (toe and pointe) for nearly 30 years. I have also studied jazz and modern dance for over 15 years.
Cooking: I love the title of "Foodie." Cooking, along with dance, is my true passion.
Advocacy: Supporting the deaf and hard-of-hearing through organizations such as the NAD, HASA, DAWN, and SHHH is something I'm very dedicated to. Non-profits including United Cerebral Palsy, Susan G Komen, USO, CODE Ed are some of my favorites to support. I was recently asked to serve as a mentor for CODE Ed.
To obtain a senior or director-level Web site management and/or online marketing position with the purpose of developing a long-term career, while providing the company with new ideas, a positive attitude, and high quality work.
I am a highly-experienced Web professional with more than 12 years of experience facilitating Web projects from inception/discovery to launch including small, mom and pop sites, to multi-million dollar Web development initiatives for Fortune 100 companies. My professional background includes Web projects for retail operations, direct mail, prominent pharmaceutical companies, key non-profits, etc.
The selection of the perfect Web development team to create and maintain your Web site is critical to your company’s online success.
- I have served as the sole lead on numerous RFQ/RFP Web development projects and have worked collaboratively with teams of Web developers and designers.
- I have a very strong background working with an array of content management systems (including Ektron, Joomla, Drupal, RedDot, MOSS, Alfresco, and Interwoven), eCommerce systems, and non-profit donation engines (Convio, Kintera).
- I can help businesses decipher common Web acronyms such as SDLC, CMS, SOAP, HTML, UI, IA, FFA, and more. I can speak geek to developers.
My expertise includes:
- SEO/SEM and Web analytics (proficient experience with: Omniture Test & Target, Site Catalysts, LiveStats, HitBox/HBX, Google Analytics/Urchin, Coremetrics, and TeaLeaf).
- E-mail marketing is also a core part of my services portfolio and I have worked with top firms such as ExactTarget, Eloqua, Bronto, and SilverPOP.
Jan 2011 - Present
Sr. Director of Online Engagement
Responsible for CI’s online engagement strategy, including online fundraising, systems and data integration, analytics, and the integration of stakeholder engagement across multiple channels.
Responsibility for all online communications, campaigns, fundraising strategy, advertising and integration with offline activities and divisions.
Leading Conservation International (CI) to expand brand presence, create compelling messages, build a robust online community and driving online donations to an entirely different new level.
Responsible for working with M+C’s leadership to develop vision for these efforts and managing an internal team, and complemented external experts and partners to ensure resources are in place to support these initiatives.
Work across CI to ensure that conservation.org is an engaging and compelling web presence and positions the organization as the world's leading conservation website.
Build and manage an online marketing channel in support of membership, Emerald Circle, Major Gifts and other constituencies.
Drive CI’s online donations to an entirely new level from previous years ($1.5 mil annually from $600K)
Create and lead the organization's online fundraising, Web, and social media strategy
Led the redevelopment initiative for conservation.org (site launch: September 2011).
See how the web supports CI's strong media initiatives:http://www.conservation.org/newsroom/ci_in_the_news/pages/default.aspx
Mar 2009 - Jan 2011
Director of Web Operations & eCommerce
The USO is a congressionally-chartered, private, non-profit organization that relies on the generosity of individuals and corporations to support USO activities. The USO provides an array of programs and services to active military.
Annual Revenue: $55,000,000 in donations through on-and-offline donations
Employees: One hundred at the USO’s headquarters in Arlington, VA, over 300 employees worldwide, and thousands of volunteers.
Company Web site:www.uso.org
Director of Web Operations & eCommerce
Solely led a complete overhaul of the USO Web site which included a redesign, new CMS, social media functionality, online donation platform, an eCommerce store, and site redesigns/template solution for the over 120 Chartered Centers under the USO umbrella, worldwide.
This position manages every aspect of the Web site initiative including the management of the USO’s selected Web site development firm (chosen from 21 companies in the RFQ/RFP process), evaluation and selection of all software and hardware components associated with the project, collaboration with the senior executive team regarding the overall Web strategy, and sole management of the comprehensive project plan. This role includes daily collaboration with key online marketing and advertising firms including Ogilvy and OMP (responsible for Barrack Obama’s online fundraising and e-mail marketing during the 2008 presidential election).
- Create and lead the USO’s strategy to engage strategic stakeholders (e.g., troops and military families, employees, volunteers, donors, online store customers, etc.) through online mediums.
- Lead online engagement research efforts (e.g., web analytics, customer focus groups, etc.), data collection and reporting to ensure USO’s online engagement strategy is appropriately structured and executed to maximize positive engagement.
- Lead USO’s online response to crises and emergent opportunities.
- Serve as project lead for the USO’s Web development initiative (www.uso.org), which entails new design of the USO Web site, CMS, ODP, eCommerce, and social media platforms.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop business and technical requirements for the USO’s existing CMS system and current and next generation Web site in an effort to add incremental functionality to increase online donations and user experience and engagement by telling the “USO STORY.”
- Position includes the facilitation of the Web development firm selection RFQ and RFP process
- Evaluation of the appropriate content management system (CMS), eCommerce solution, online donation platform for the USO. Responsible for the management of all these unique systems and providing support and training to the USO staff.
- Serve as the project lead with responsibilities for developing requirements for all USO (non-uso.org) Web-based initiatives including:
- Campaign-based microsites for Colbert, Ft. Hood, holiday fundraising, etc.
- USO Teambuilder software- Blackbaud sphere
- ONPATROL/Operation Enduring Care (TBD)
- Daily collaboration with USO’s internal development and external fundraising vendor teams to create and execute online campaigns (including weekly e-mail communications, Web promotions, and our newly-launching texting campaign)
- Serve as the “super admin” of the USO Web site and all corresponding micro-sites.
- Supervise technical projects with existing Web site development vendors Blenderbox (Webby award-winning firm) and MarketNet with an emphasis on donation path, donation landing pages and Content Management System (CMS) to provide for increased functionality and optimization; provide oversight and guidance to all USO Web development initiatives.
- Determine best practices for ensuring synergy and accurate data and functionality transfer between external Web platforms and the USO Web site including Stelter, Samaritan, SilverPOP, Sphere, VOCUS, SureShip, SharePoint, Ektron, IDMI, TBD eCRM, etc.
- Responsible for the management of the USO’s current Web analytics platform, HBX- and for the transition and management to Omniture’s Test & Target and Site Catalyst suites.
- Work with internal (USO WHQ, Affiliates, Centers) and external constituents to define Web site needs, user requirements and strategies for highlighting USO programs, services and events, while remaining consistent with USO branding initiatives.
- Analyze and repurposing the current site content strategy via content inventory and content matrix documentation to enhance content, engage readers and support fundraising.
- Manage relationship with external copywriting/SEO team for the new USO.org and responsible for the facilitation of a 170+ page Web copy deck.
- Collaborate closely with the USO’s Web Comms Manager to provide and determine functionality to support and execute a robust social media and content-based strategy.
- Collaborate closely with the USO’s VP of Online Fundraising to provide functionality to support all recurring and one-off development initiatives and A/B and multivariate tests through dynamic content optimization tools such as Optimizely and Omniture Test & Target.
- Collaborate closely with the USO’s CIO and Director of IT regarding technical requirements including server configuration and backend support of all platforms i.e. e-mail marketing/SilverPOP, staging environments/Rackspace and Starlan, etc.
- Experience working with project management software including Basecamp, SharePoint, Clarity, and other systems.
- Ensure modifications and enhancements to uso.org and all USO-based Web platforms undergo rigorous testing and QA process with vendors before going live through a staging environment.
- Lead identification and execution of requirements to field and maintain the USO’s branded eCommerce store with tie-ins and up-sells to the new online donation platform.
- Develop and manage the USO’s Web development, Web operations and eCommerce budgets.
- Ensure Web development, Web operations and eCommerce vendors deliver the most cost-effective solutions possible.
- Ensure streamlined, stable Web platforms and systems to support the wide variety of internal and external stakeholder requirements.
- Serve as arbitrator to overcome conflicting Web stakeholder priorities.
- Serve as the USO’s resident expert in online engagement systems (e.g., Websites, microsites, online donation platforms, online stores, content management systems, and so forth), site structure, functions and design to ensure consistency and functionality.
Aug 2008 - Mar 2009
Total Wine & More is the largest independent fine wine retailer in the country and is the
only major fine wine company to operate in multiple states.Total Wine & More has 58 locations across the United States.Maryland locations include Corridor Fine Wine & Spirits, and Beltway Fine Wine & Spirits.As the pre-eminent fine wine store in each of its markets, Total Wine & More is the leading non-supermarket seller of fine wine in the United States.
Annual Revenue: $550,000,000
Employees: 170 corporate office, 1,500 nationwide
Company Web site:www.totalwine.com
Responsible for the company’s entire eCommerce platform and all e-based initiatives including e-mail marketing, statistics, etc.The core elements of this opportunity included a complete re-development of the company’s Web site, eCommerce platform, implementation of Total Wine’s e-mail marketing solution through ExactTarget, Content Management System, Web analytics, etc.Developed a comprehensive online strategy for Total Wine and all of its nationwide locations.
Jul 2003 - Aug 2008
Senior Manager of Web Technologies
A specialty pharmaceutical business arm of AmerisourceBergen Corporation, (ABC [ranked 24th on the Fortune 500 list]) one of the largest pharmaceutical service companies in the U.S., International Oncology Network (ION) is a diversified physician services network whose membership represents more than half of the private practice oncologists in the U.S. ION is dedicated to offering community-based practitioners the tools necessary to maintain the highest quality patient care available.This is done through an array of services including educational meetings, group purchasing opportunities, IT solutions, etc.
Annual Revenue:ION= 5.6B, AmerisourceBergen: $40B in annualized operating revenue
Employees: Approximately 120 ION employees, AmerisourceBergen: 13,000 employees
Company Web site: www.iononline.com
Senior Manager, Web Technologies (promotion and department change)
Responsibilities included management of ION’s Web site including functionality, look and feel, and maintenance.The position also entailed complete management of nine other specialty Web sites under the ABSG umbrella including (gastroenterology, nephrology, rheumatology, urology, managed care, etc. the organization’s SharePoint/Intranet, etc).This role facilitated the development and execution of an array of comprehensive plans for increasing revenue stream through the network’s Web site including Web casts, banner ads, online surveys, Pod casting, etc.
Review and execution of all Web and e-marketing initiatives through pharmaceutical partner deliverables.Collaboration with marketing to develop new materials, content, and creative concepts for Web-related initiatives. Working collaboratively with Business Intelligence, Corporate Accounts, Relationship Management/Sales, and an array of Web designers and developers to assess feasibility, determine costs versus benefits, prioritize projects and develop Web-based applications that address member, pharma, and personnel needs.
Jul 2003 - Feb 2006
Senior Communications & Publications Manager
Prior to promotion to the Web/IT group, solely responsible for the development of ION’s wide array of publications geared toward an audience of community-based physicians, practice administrators, nurses, and pharmaceutical professionals.These publications included a clinical monograph entitled ION Symposia in Review, the IONLink newsletter, and a 100+ page quarterly magazine, Oncologistics.
Responsibilities included development and adherence of the communications budget, writing and editing, preparation of all content for sales brochures, tradeshow displays, Web sites, corporate PowerPoint presentations, and standard mail and e-mail communications.Responsible for all advertising within the magazine. The position required working with multiple vendors including designers, printers, and mail-house vendors.
Dec 1999 - Jul 2003
Director of Online Business Development
Watermark Press is a direct-mail marketing and publishing company. Although this business was managed from a small office, Watermark served the publishing needs of over 5,000,000 amateur poets and photographers.
Company Web site:www.poetry.com
Director of Business Development
Developed and maintained all of Watermark's new and existing online advertising campaigns for the Web site, www.poetry.com.This position entailed the creation of all advertising proposals, insertion orders and contracts, maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly statistical reports and creating/writing advertising copy.Wrote copy for trade show communications distributed to the press and buyers.Worked directly with the president of the company and the marketing director to design, implement, and study various direct-mail marketing initiatives various products offered by the company.