I started my career as a Business Development executive where my basic role was a pre sales analyst. Had experience on Sun Servers. Later I joined a reputable software company as an SQA engineer. Basic responsibilities were to manage an e-Learning system which we were developing. I was later part of an LMS system where I worked as technology consultant. Worked on CRM applications as a system analyst for over an year in Tradekey.com, one of the biggest B2B portal across the globe. Currently I am employed in a US based company as a Project Manager. We create social media applications such as Facebook applications, iPhone/iPad applications, social gaming apps, android and Blackberry applications. I have created and managed over 40 applications up till now. I am more renowned by the name MIM by my international clients. I have expertise in client and project management. Team building is another strong point I excel in. I have a never ending zeal for learning, sharing and experiencing new horizons of technology.
May 2010 - Present
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end, including client management.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Sep 2009 - Apr 2010
Software Analyst on TradeKey CRM
- Requirement engineering of the application.
- Design and maintain SDLC documentation (SRS,SDS and manuals)
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Document test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Investigate customer problems referred by technical support.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Monitor program performance to ensure efficient and problem-free operations.
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Collaborate with field staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate user or third party testing.
- Conduct historical analyses of test results.
- Visit beta testing sites to evaluate software performance.
- Evaluate or recommend software for testing or bug tracking.
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
Dec 2008 - Sep 2009
Softech Worldwide, Ensign & Communiqué
- In depth requirement analysis along with business analysis.
- Creating Business models.
- Proposing feasible architectures with respect to client.
- Responsible for security review and successful delivery of all aspects of the technical solution.
- To enable and support Corporate and educational institutions in e-learning and to utilize technologies and learning material.
Jul 2008 - Dec 2008
- Perform functional, user acceptance and regression testing on all central system, subsystems, modules and applications.
- Create, maintain and update test cases, based on business requirements.
- Assist SQA Manager in development of test plan and Test Reports.
- Reporting and managing software issues.
- Understanding of activities throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Wherever possible use Automation and other Industry best practices to enhance the testing process.
- Creating test rig to provide a simulated test environment for load testing.
- Do testing of assigned modules.
- Prepare Test Cases and Submit Bug Reports/Software Change Requests for Software Programmers
- Discussion with software development team regarding issues found out during testing activity.
- Perform research work related to project or SQA activities
- Documentation as per requirement as asked by Project Manager or SQA Manager
- Perform Black box testing.
- Perform White box testing (code level)
- Perform Load / stress testing / Penetration testing
- Verify bug tickets as software development team fixes bugs on local testing and production servers
- Develop pro-active solutions to improve SW test efficiency, support project development & integrating efforts with distributed teams, and implement process and quality improvements
Sep 2007 - May 2008
Synergy Computers (Pvt) ltd
- Identify, understand and define customer needs, objectives and business requirements.
- Develop and maintain solution demonstrations through Proof of Concept.
- Consulting client, solution designing and proposal drafting