Web 2.0 and New Media savvy marketing & sales professional with extensive startup and Fortune 500 experience.Proven marketing, analytical, strategic planning, sales management, and communication skills.Resourceful, driven, and resilient team player and leader dedicated to high caliber performance.
Leadership role in helping align sales and marketing within an organization.
2008 - Present
Vice President of Marketing & Sales
Lead international marketing and sales efforts for a pre-revenue, turn-around SaaS company in the marketing automation space. As executive team member, reported to CEO and motivated team in consultative selling cycle for new, rebranded product platform.
¨Responsible for recruitment of direct and indirect sales team and development of incentive plans.
¨Managed headcount of four marketers and five salespeople and operational budget of $1.2M.
¨Oversaw lead generation and increased pipeline by 350%
¨Opened territories in EMEA and Pacific Rim and achieved sales within first 3 months of effort.
¨Launched innovative “web to publish” direct mail campaign utilizing personalized URLs (PURLs)
¨Initiated social marketing strategy and instituted SEO/SEM efforts, driving online traffic by 150%.
¨Rehauled CRM tool workflow and created more efficiencies in reporting.
¨Acted as Liaison with leading analyst firm and arrange analyst briefings.
2006 - 2007
Online Business Developer
Direction, training, motivation, and support for 28-person global sales force to grow online division of a $50M+ Fortune 500 media company subsidiary.
- Forecast sales and reconcile with online advertisement inventory to achieve $2M quota
- Hit 125% of Q1 2007 target and surpassing 110% of Q2 2007 quota.
- Create pricing templates and proposals for sales executives, including bundling strategies.
- Utilize leading web analytics tools to determine traffic behavioral trends.
- Work with Marketing Department to improve search engine ranking with paid and organic keywords.
- Relaunch websites with greater interactive functionality and branding capabilities.
- Perform competitive analysis on rival B2B and B2C websites.
- Conduct search, shortlisting, and due diligence on potential partners or acquisition targets.
2005 - 2006
Director of Marketing Operations & Research
Managed 8-person marketing department; commanded successful execution of branding, promotions, conference marketing, trade shows, research, online store, and external relations;
- Revitalized all market research including surveys, focus groups, competitive analysis, and trending.
- Migrated survey methodology to web-based application, resulting in savings of over $50K.
- Participated on design committee and designed the promotional plan to publicize the relaunch of the world’s oldest continually published defense periodical.
- Honored with company’s “Outstanding Achievement Award for Innovation” in 2005.
2004 - 2005
Director of Sales Operations
Managed advertising sales operations of $15M division publishing trade journals and newspapers focusing on network-centric warfare, training, and simulation, and other leading defense-related technologies.
- Administered sales analysis for 8 national reps and 6 international agents of $15M division.
- Defined requirements for, acquired, and deployed web-based CRM tool for sales department
- Streamlined pricing models for customized products and services, and commission plans
- Segmented vertical markets, and provided hundreds of new leads for sales force.
2003 - 2004
Director of Market Development
Led marketing for Microstrategy-based data mining/BI SaaS software co-developed by startup company targeting large employers that need to mitigate significant employee health benefit expenses.
- Called on major employers, including Federal government and TRICARE System
- Developed strategy for demand generation, leveraging direct mail, executive summits, and webinars, increasing sales pipeline with qualified leads by 100% within first 6 months.
- Supervised staff of 4 to develop national lead lists based on vertical market segmentation.
- Implemented transition from PC-based contact management software to web-based CRM tool.
- Defined requirements for, acquired, and implemented web-based event management system.
R.H. Smith School of Business
R.H. Smith School of Business