June 2015- Present
Girls Who Code, Google SF
The Girls Who Code Summer Immersion Program is a 7-week highly-compatative computer science course that embeds classrooms in technology companies and universities.
- Learned fundamentals of computer science - from robotics to how to build a webpage while gaining exposure to the tech industry and mentorship from women working in technology.
- Created Volunteen.me -- an online service designed to provide volunteering opportunities for teenagers based on their interests and location.
- Responsible for all aspects of this non-profit organization - from conception, to planning, budgeting and execution.
October 2013- October 2015
Head Coordinator Community Event Organizer
American Cancer Society
- Responsible for organizing proper food supply for over 400 participants throughout a 24 hour event
- Secured food catering by finding local restaurant and cafe sponsors that donated food
- Ensured uninterrupted delivery and setup of food for all event participants
- Resolved crisis situation when major vendor failed to provide promised food.
- For my efforts in carrying out the event, I was promoted to be a Chair Member of the Committee for Food and Hospitality