An Executive Chemical Engineer with extensive international experience covering the development and management of new and existing chemical plants in Asia, Europe, Russia & CIS, Africa and USA.
Experienced in developing manufacturing strategies, feasibility studies, site selection, factory design, equipment standardization and procurement, government permitting, contractor selection and construction project management including safety and environmental compliance and financial control.
Skilled at staffing, commissioning, raw material sourcing and quality control and managing diverse cultures
Past positions held have been at Managing Director, General Management and Project Consultant levels with responsibility for all functions of factory management and coordinating manufacturing with other department activities of finance, budgeting, marketing, production planning and supply chain.
- Managed the successful construction of a Butyl Lithium facility on a green field site in Zhangjiagang, China
- Managed two successful expansions and refurbishing projects on a food additives factory in Cebu, Philippines to bring the factory to GMP standards and to improve safety and environmental compliance.
- Reduced an existing manufacturing variance of $1.8M to a positive $160K by improved budgeting, monitoring of rework costs and control of poor demand forecast following the company’s implementation of SAP.
- Was the first General Manager of a new JV company in China, Successfully staffed, trained and commissioned production operations, quality assurance, environmental compliance, and finance and HR sections of the company.
- Managed successful construction of a pesticide formulation plant on a green field site in Suzhou, China which was on line two months ahead of schedule and 10% under budget
- Managed turnaround of 2 unprofitable companies in Bangladesh & Nigeria resulting in regaining market dominance for their brands.
- Introduced strict control of raw material usage, wastage reduction on imported cardboard alone amounted to $250K per annum.
- Developed detailed blueprints for construction of pesticide granulation plants specifically designed to allow local fabrication of major items of equipment and standardizing all other equipment used giving savings of up to 45% on equipment cost and elimination of import duties.
- Managed projects to construct new pesticide formulation plants in 13 countries