16 years of manufacturing, engineering, project management, sales and marketing experience with industrial OEMs. A solid technical background supplemented by a top-notch University of Michigan MBA has prepared me for a senior level sales management role.
Jul 2007 - Present
Global Marketing Director
Lead a team of ten sales & marketing professionals in the US and Japan to grow business with Japanese and Korean automakers in North America and Asia.Develop international strategy to unite four regional IAC companies, allowing a unified, singular approach to valued customers (Asian and European) seeking global partners.Serve as board member of a joint venture company in Shanghai, China.
Planned and Organized for Growth Development:
·Co-authored $1B Asian Growth Plan to support strategy development for the region.
·Led creation of IACNA Japan, Ltd. subsidiary and act as Managing Director in Yokohama.
·Successfully introduced IAC (formerly Lear Corp. and Collins & Aikman) as a new global company, allowing participation in global supplier panels and RFQ opportunities.
Demonstrated Growth Results:
·Won $18 million incremental business with Nissan in North America.
·$11 million in high-confidence replacement business pending award.
·Added to supplier panels in North America and China.
·First bid opportunities ever from Renault for China and India
Nov 2004 - Jun 2007
Platform / Advanced Sales Director
Responsible for P&L on all Nissan interior trim business in production in North America ($100 million annually) through a team of nine Program and Account Managers. Led all customer initiatives for cost-reduction, low-cost country sourcing and regulation compliance. Personally performed Advanced Sales activity, including pricing development and negotiation. Managed new program development from award through SOP, including design and build events in Japan.
- Won $60 million in incremental business with Nissan in North America.
- Led program teams that launched two new projects at both Nissan plants in Mexico ahead of compressed schedule with excellent customer satisfaction.
- Negotiated full recovery of raw material increases, including Force Majeure related claims.
- Six-Sigma Green Belt certification.
- Awarded two patents (6,719,343 and 6,652,021) for unique floor console and headliner designs. Console design can be seen in Ford Taurus X second row.
Feb 2002 - Nov 2004
Led cross-functional teams on three Nissan programs, including a high visibility project at Nissan's new Canton, MS plant. Earlier, managed six Ford programs directly and indirectly through staff, including launch activity. Mentored program managers and engineers internally and at OEMs.
- Developed sales strategy tools for Nissan that were used across multiple Asian OEM's.
- Launch performance recognized internally and externally as Lear's best with Nissan.
- Awarded patent (6,478,267) for innovative aftermarket seat product design.
Dec 1999 - Feb 2002
Primary customer contact and manager of budget, timing and program issues for four commodities on two Ford vehicles.
- Led two design teams that won $8 million in incremental new business
- Led management team that authored Statement of Work and target agreements with Ford
- Webmaster of company's first program specific website
Oct 1997 - Dec 1999
Senior Product Engineer
Acted as lead engineering supervisor for a design team that benchmarked and recommended "best-in-class" product features for three future vehicles to Ford.
- Introduced and gained acceptance of a new modular technology into Ford Advanced Engineering.
- Co-authored a proposal that was adopted to expand the company's intranet site to benefit knowledge management in the product development process.
Aug 1996 - Oct 1997
Acting Program Manager on four Honda projects and engineering lead for Mitsubishi products.Managed design and timing issues between customer, designers, purchasing, plant and tool shops
- Led a smooth launch of a new Honda program on time and at budget after beating budget and timing targets for the prototype phase
Jan 1995 - Aug 1996
Managed all quality, industrial, tooling and manufacturing engineering development on new and existing Toyota, GM and Ford products.Managed supplier and customer relationships on engineering related issues for ten concurrent projects
- Developed substantial cost reductions on GM, Ford and Mitsubishi programs
Feb 1993 - Dec 1994
Responsible for optimizing molding and assembly processes in a 25 machine injection molding plant, including current production and new program development.
- Instituted process verification system on all plant presses to reduce part variation and scrap.