Chief Architectural Officer
CdB Technologies, Inc.
With a proven ability to work the conception, development, implementation, and deployment of Information Technology (all platforms and databases) strategies that support business and financial objectives, I have led and participated in key initiatives that reduced operating budgets and contributed to strategic and bottom-line stock increases.
I am recognized as an expert in applying technical and business concepts to architecture, assets and portfolio management decisions.I am also a respected leader, with references, able to participate with highly motivated management and technical teams focused on achieving business goals.
I have kept up-to-date with changes in the industry through continuing professional development I am a member of the:
- EACOE (Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence)
- CAEAP (Center for the Advancement of the Enterprise Architecture Profession)
- SEI (CMM and CMMi)
- BPMI (Business Process Management Initiative)
- BRG (Business Rules Group)
- PMI (Project Management Methodology and Office)
- ISACA (SOX compliance)
- ITGI (IT Governance Institute - COBIT)
Currently, as the CAO for CdB Technologies, Inc., I came onboard in the midst of internal chaos.At that time the organization faced many financial and technological uncertainties.Working hard to forge partnerships and alliances, I developed a framework that supported the technical, information, data, application/development, and operation architectures for our vertical markets (service industry, financial, hospitality, supply chain, insurance, etc.).With this, I was able to bring the organization to the forefront of our local market.
My consulting assignments include:
- Enterprise Architect for Florida’s Turnpike Enterprises.Assessed the IT organization, establishing governance, principles, guidelines, workflows, process, and rules.Created architecture frameworks for Technical (with Platform and Distributed Systems Management), Information (including Records Management), Information Security, Data, and Application & Development architectures).Created process improvements for CMMi and RUP/UML.Also acted as Project Architect and technical reviewer for deliverables produced by Raytheon for the new Toll System Replacement ($250M) system.
- Assessed the IT organization, establishing governances, principles, guidelines, workflows, process, and rules for Hartford Life, also responsible or the establishment of the Enterprise and Business Rules Architecture (Technical, Information, Application, and Development architectures).Project Manager of the Strategy and Framework teams for the Configuration and Change Management process, QA and Review processes and alignment techniques for Business and IT. I also directed the alignment of Business Processes with IT.This included integration of Best of Breed Corporate practices, such as:EAI - Enterprise Application Integration, QA – Six Sigma, Metrics – KOKOMO, PMM - Project Management Methodology, PMO - Project Management Office, and ISP - Information Security Process.I installed Business Modeling processes (including BPMI and Business Rules along with their SDLC).
- Directed the establishment of the documentation and Application Architecture for FADT.Specific duties included: assisting in the evaluation, selection, installation, enhancements and implementation of the mortgage default package within the .Net environment.Created application/development/training documentation for all services/products for networking and internet/intranet processes.
- Directed the establishment of the Enterprise and Business Rules Architecture (Technical, Information, Application, and Development architectures) for CMS.Assisted the Medicare Part D (RDS) application development group with Requirements and Business Rules generation.Specific duties included: assisting in the evaluation, selection, installation, enhancements and implementation of a Business Rules Engine (PegaSystems).Other responsibilities include establishment of security, networking and internet/intranet processes in preparation for the Enrollment Payment and Web Portal functions.
- Established Corporate and IT Governances (Enterprise Architecture Process - EAP, Project Management Methodology - PMM, Project Management Office - PMO, Information Security Process ISP, and Software Development Process – SDP with CobiT for JEA.Developed and installed the Enterprise Methodology Process that addresses Risk/Requirements Management, Configuration & Change Management, Visual Modeling, Component Architecture, Portfolio Management (Asset and Applications), Process and Product QA) that ties into the above processes.Developed and installed and complete UML based Project Development Methodology SDP (addresses Business Modeling, Requirements, Analysis & Design, Construction, Test, Implementation, Deployment, and Environment).Initiated the governances (and related policies, procedures, workflows, activities, guidelines and artifacts/templates).Also assisted in the development of the Roles/Responsibilities of corporate assets via the CMMi.