- Leadership experience in non-profit organizations.
- Proficient with MS Office, Windows/Mac OS, and basic networking.
- Whitman College graduate with a BA in Philosophy.
- Cultural competence developed in Japan and Annie Wright International School.
Aug 2009 - Present
Assistant Language Teacher (ALT)
- Designed curriculum, taught grammar and culture in a Japanese preparatory high school.
- Developed scope and sequence including cultural guides for future employees.
Aug 2007 - Dec 2008
Resident Teacher Intern
- Designed and taught English and ESL classes at an IB school.
- Provided full-time live-in care for 85 students in the international boarding department.
- Developed and advised school clubs and activities
Oct 2006 - Aug 2007
House of Charity Volunteer Staff
- Oversaw the homeless shelter's 100-person sleeping program.
- Worked with police and paramedics to manage emergencies.
- Served as the volunteer coordinator.
- Developed an MS-Acess database to track volunteers.
- Managed hundreds of student and community volunteers.
Sep 2002 - May 2006
- Maintained school computer labs.
- Provided tech support to students and faculty.
- Provided network support to a college dormitory.
Jun 2005 - Aug 2005
- Lobbied state representatives on behalf of public interest groups.
- Fund-raised door-to-door for WashPIRG and the Sierra Club.
- Managed small teams of canvassers in the field.
2002 - 2006
- Earned a Pell Grant to do joint research with a professor.