I am actively seeking an Industrial Executive Operations Manager opportunity demanding in Europe Canada or USA.
Manufacturing Operations Executive with success in driving high performance, in several industrial sectors.Skilled in: P&L/general management, turnarounds, manufacturing, strategic/project development, multi-line/shift operations, distribution, supply chain and optimizing planning.
- Build manufacturing capabilities with team managers to achieve the lowest ratio operating costs plant, of the whole global group during the last 4 years. Operational turnaround of +$15 million with +100 employees.
- Managed setup & shutdown numerous projects of strategic business assets by $53+ million. Excellence by ending projects always on time and cost.
Strong Leaderwho blends technology and continuous improvement in all operations, with business strategic thinking to deliver results in highly competitive manufacturing settings.
- Streamlined operations, Restructured site assets, improve process, introducing new change management procedures to increase production from 4 products & 35 million units, to 10 products & 50 million units. From 12 SKU’s to 135 SKU’s.
- Create growth profitability through assets amortization, reducing operational expenses + 450K$/year and driving cost reduction $3 million annually via packaging modification & process continuous improvement.
- Established cultural change to achieve high flexibility production “Lean Manufacturing”. 5S. Kaizen. SMED. Continuous Improvement. TPM. SHE. Success change to Lean in 6 month.
Analytical Problem Solverwho study root cause, innovates solutions and energizes companies around growth actions.
- Create added value building strategies in new technology, or systems to improve efficiency in all operational process 45% to 60% OEE & improve on-time delivery from 80% to 95%.
- Renegotiated contracts services and new assets, significantly reducing manufacturing costs 15% and saving in external service expense 25%, always achieve business agreements that produce “win-win” results.
- Team member of New launch product, and business risk & continuity. Devised strategic and tactical business initiatives.
May 2001 - Dec 2009
Beverage Company. Bulk and Bottling Factory Turnover: 450 M€. Staff: 500
References available in Private
ENGINEERING & MAINTENANCE MANAGER / TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (Reporting DO Iberia) (2005 to Present)MAINTENANCE MANAGER (Reporting Technical Director / J. Mussons) (2001 - 2005)
Accountable for all manufacturing equipment & facilities justification, process improvements, cycle time reductions, cost reductions, procurement. Hold all CAPEX Investment Accountability (7-figure deals) & Site Maintenance Budget Accountability (1.3 M€). Savings maker for + 300 K€ year. Department head managing work assets. Contract negotiations and buy-in materials, services & production machinery (3 M€ year). To make use of Profit and Loses (P&L). Restructure current Department. Direct Staff 15 engineers, external staff 80. Project Manager of 22 New Projects in 7 years.
- 2007 - 2009 full dedication to restructure Barcelona Site on account in Bacardi Sites Re-engineering. Barcelona Project Manager. Design, Chief Buyer, Installation and Full Project Set-Up Team Responsible. Reporting to the Global EMEA Manufacturing Director. Start up on target in time & cost. Achieve a financial support from government program.
- Built strategies in new technology, or systems to improve efficiency in all operational process (45% to 60% OEE).
- Traveled worldwide successfully working and developing key projects and relationships with machinery manufacturer such as Krones AG, KHS, Sidel, Ocme, and MBF. Global business success, achievement new technological products partnerships.
- Building Management. Established several high proof tanks constructions, 2000 m2 offices building & 7000 m2 warehouse construction. Always on target. Fire protection - Risk assurance - Business Contingency Experience.
- Motivational skill. Developed abilities and activities for all technical departments to achieve local targets. Machinery retrofitting, introduce predictive and preventive maintenance. TPM. GMAO. Upgrade people technical level.
- Established cultural change to achieve high flexibility production "Lean Manufacturing". 5S. Kaizen. SMED. Continuous Improvement philosophy. Success change to Lean in 6 month.
Teamed with Factory board management to establish introduction & certification in ISO 9000, ISO 14000 & OSHAS 18000
Aug 1998 - May 2001
Electronic Company. VCR, TVCR, DVD y Cell Phones Factory Turnover: 360 M€. Staff: 600
MAINTENANCE MANAGER (Reporting VP Operations /A. Blasi) & (Factory Director /R.Puig) (References)
Improved Factory Process and developed New Strategic Projects. Adapted Productive lines, buildings and Facilities to work in Just in Time. Success introduction of TPM and Continuous Improvement.
- Managed Process of new DVD Product Line Project (1.5 M€ en 2000). Accountable decision of existing VCR line modification. Reduced number of direct workers.
- Managed Process & build facilities for new GSM Cell Phones Product Line ( Capex responsible of 5 M€ en 1999). Accountable to modify halls and facilities to install new technology production process.
- Grew 25 % of production, through continuous improvement in VCR y TVCR. Award to the main efficiency line of Samsung Worldwide 1999.
- Developed partnerships to install a Maintenance Management System based in PDA's(Prisma - GMAO). First in Spain year 2000-01. Recognized award by Samsung Headquarters. Install Maintenance Factory Plan TPM.
- Management & Strong negotiation for new supplier contracts and services. Energetic savings (10 %).
Jan 1996 - Aug 1998
Production & Maintenance Manager Assistant
Kitchen Line Company. Compressors for cooling systems Factory Turnover: 120 M€. Staff: 1400 Shift: 3,5
PRODUCTION & MAINTENANCE MANAGER ASSISTENT (Facilities Main).
Accounted and assisted to Maintenance Manager, Production Director and General Manager. Improvements in Facilities Site, Introduce and Start-up new machinery and facilities. Energy Manager. New machinery trainer.
- In Maintenance: Modernized Facilities according with law (Electric, Air pres.). Start-up Responsible of several new production machines. Involved in reparation of main press and automatic revolver lathe reparation break (Fagor, Shutte).
- In Production: Trainer and facilitator in new production and maintenance equipment. Developed Trials of continuous improvement & productive maintenance (TPM) in 2 production lines (Massimo Soft). Use of KVP2 methodology for pilot lines efficiency measure system.
- For Manager Director: Successfully organized and managed critical break reparation (Master Press). Factory Energy Management, achieve 20 % saving in reduction cost (Water, Gas & Electricity. Contract Negotiation) 1997.
Feb 1995 - Dec 1995
INSTRUMENTATION – ELECTRONIC ENGINEER for Industrial Project. Accountability for all Instrumentation & Electronic works in the project of ENAGAS. Revamping of GLN gas site. Main Storage and distribution gas in Spain.
Revamping Polystyrene Plant. ELF‑Atochem