Certified Pharmacy Technician
Walgreens - Seattle, Washington & Tucson, Arizona
- Hired as a front-end retail employee; positions included: cashier, photo clerk, & head photo clerk.
- Cross-training in pharmacy began in 2006; sat for national examination in 2007, and awarded certification as a pharmacy technician on first attempt (see next bullet); remained in pharmacy for last 5 years of employment.
- Nationally certified by Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) since 2007; maintained this certification and a state license (issued by the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy) throughout course of employment.
- Specially skilled in immediate third-party claims reconciliation, helpful due to the immediate adjudication of pharmacy claims.
- Assisted pharmacist with all aspects of retail pharmacy practice, including entering, filling, and dispensing prescriptions; assisting patients with pharmacy-related questions; vaccination billing & setup; and inventory control.
- Aided in patient retention via phone campaigns and follow-up.
- Assisted with administrative duties, including: answering phones, scheduling vaccination appointments, gathering sensitive information for patient registration/updates, and general data entry.
- Operation of cash register/money handling.