Justis B. Sedeno
Healthcare & Office Administration
- 8+ YEARS EXPERIENCE IN HEALTHCARE; 3 YEARS IN DENTAL
- 2x TYPES OF PRACTICE MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS USED; PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE DEVELOPED (EAGLESOFT & DENTRX)
- + 12.8 PERCENT INCREASE IN ANNUAL COLLECTIONS, ALL TYPES
- - 9.5 DAYS LESS TURNAROUND TIME, AVERAGE PER CLAIM
- - 43.8 PERCENT REDUCTION IN DENIED/ REJECTED CLAIMS DUE TO INVALID/INCORRECT SUBMISSIONS & OTHER ERRORS
- + 3.4 HOURS INCREASED DAILY FRONT OFFICE PRODUCTIVITY, ON AVERAGE AFTER IMPLEMENTING EMR, E-CLAIMS, EFT/ERA, ETC.
Feb 2012 - Present
Office Manager (currently assisting per diem)
La Cholla Dental Group - Tucson, Arizona
- Began position as entry-level receptionist; promoted to office manager within one year of employment.
- Developed, proposed, & implemented the conversion of a semi-paper based office to full electronic claims & billing system; set up accounts & software for e-claims, NEA attachments, EFT/ERA, and online eligibilty/verification.
- Streamlined insurance verification & claims processing, leading to better accuracy in estimating benefits as a part of a treatment proposal, as well as a substantial reduction in rejected & unpaid claims.
- Implemented successful strategies to decrease inaccuracies in claims submission & patient billing; the result was an increase in average annual production/collection ratios between 2011 and 2014 - from 87.5% to 98.7%.
- Manages production of all advertising mediums, including contract negotiation with various media outlets (TV, print, radio, internet) & ad design.
- Oversees front office staff and assists with administrative duties, including patient follow-up, recall, insurance verification & pre-authorization, and assisting patients.
- Maintains insurance contracts & up-to-date credentialing of current dentists and new associates.
- Provides assistance in other aspects of day-to-day management, including organizing staff meetings & continuing education for professional staff, ordering/inventory, and maintenance of business accounts.
- Manages online reputation, including the complete design and creation of our website, Facebook page, and Yelp page.
- Left full-time position in January 2015 due to unforeseen family illness & loss; currently assisting office on a per diem basis.
Oct 2005 - Jul 2012
Certified Pharmacy Technician
Walgreens - Seattle, Washington & Tucson, Arizona
- Hired as a front-end retail employee; positions included: cashier, photo clerk, & head photo clerk.
- Cross-training in pharmacy began in 2006; sat for national examination in 2007, and awarded certification as a pharmacy technician on first attempt (see next bullet); remained in pharmacy for last 5 years of employment.
- Nationally certified by Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) since 2007; maintained this certification and a state license (issued by the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy) throughout course of employment.
- Specially skilled in immediate third-party claims reconciliation, helpful due to the immediate adjudication of pharmacy claims.
- Assisted pharmacist with all aspects of retail pharmacy practice, including entering, filling, and dispensing prescriptions; assisting patients with pharmacy-related questions; vaccination billing & setup; and inventory control.
- Aided in patient retention via phone campaigns and follow-up.
- Assisted with administrative duties, including: answering phones, scheduling vaccination appointments, gathering sensitive information for patient registration/updates, and general data entry.
- Operation of cash register/money handling.
Oct 2013 - Present
General Education/Pre-Requisite Studies
Pima Community College
- Returning to school to pursue possible degrees in nursing and/or healthcare administration.
Aug 2008 - May 2011
Bachelor's of Science, Microbiology (Minor in Mathematics) - INCOMPLETE
University of Arizona
- Completed 3 of 4 years towards degree.
- Special emphasis on research & biostatistics, including the completion of 2 years of independent study with the College of Public Health.
- My greatest strength is my ability to enter into a new environment and be functional immediately. I am a quick learner and also highly adaptable to new situations, configurations, and technologies, while still being able to utilize and integrate my existing knowledge and skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to use verbal & written communication tactfully, and with emphasis on customer service & patient satisfaction.
- Practical experience with Eaglesoft, Dentrix, MS Office, and MS Outlook.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with dental PPOs, AHCCCS, dental discount plans, and Medicare Advantage - including benefit verification, claims processing, pre-authorization, correction of denied claims, and posting payments/EOBs.
- Skilled presentation of treatment proposals, with focus on best utilization of insurance benefits and financial arrangements to maximize patient acceptance.
- Management of employee services, including payroll, health benefits, CEs, staff meetings, and some staff issues.