A results-oriented information technology manager with measured success directing a broad range of corporate initiatives spanning configuration automation, network/host monitoring, unified communication platforms, and overall enterprise technology synergy—all in direct support of business objectives.
Sep 2010 - Present
Manager, Workflow Engineering
Lead group responsible for improving operational performance from software development to quality assurance and into network deployment. Develop tools to solve complex software and systems issues. Provide technical expertise for C-level business decisions. Serve as subject matter expert for all Atlassian products including configuration and custom development for JIRA, Confluence, and Crucible.
- Design and implement software automation strategy with Cobbler and Puppet, ensuring rapid deployment in multiple worldwide locations to over 1200 nodes. New infrastructure builds that took weeks to deploy now complete in hours.
- Deploy global network monitoring system with Zabbix, watching hundreds of nodes and thousands of services. Extended capabilities to serve as initial break/fix agents, reducing the number of trouble tickets for issues in the network.
- Integrate and extend capabilities of all applications under direct management. Create dashboards, plugins, and other connectors to meet business and operational needs.
Mar 2007 - Sep 2010
Recruited to establish and manage enterprise-wide information technology department. Oversee company-wide issuance and management of all devices including desktops, laptops, mobile phones, and other business related peripherals. Crafted security processes and procedures and perform cost benefit analysis on all recommended strategies. Develop documentation and facilitate training for management and employees. Supervise daily activities of IT Assistant.
- Coordinated and supported company-wide move to VoIP telephony using multiple Asterisk PBX deployments in strategic geographic locations. Further extended platform to inbound support call center with rich analytics and audit trails.
- Designed, deployed, and supported multiple large scale applications for ERP (SAP B1), CRM (MS Dynamics), Issue Tracking (JIRA), and Wiki (Confluence). Setup scalable systems that allow sharing of data for better interoperability.
- Support worldwide employee base across multiple server and desktop platforms including Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.
- Eliminate wasteful spending and control technology costs through usage of open source software, vendor contract negotiations, and ‘value engineering’.
- Create company policies and procedures governing corporate security, email and Internet usage, access control, and incident response.
Mar 2006 - Mar 2007
Operated boutique technology consulting firm for small businesses and high-tech end users. Implemented and supported enterprise-class technology solutions for a fraction of the usual cost, saving clients thousands of dollars. Supported broad customer base with personal communication and specific solutions tailored to each one’s need.
Jan 2003 - Mar 2006
Computer Consultant Manager
Trained consultants with varying backgrounds to master all areas of home and business technology standards. Provided comprehensive remote and onsite support for residential and business customers.
- Achieved 100% customer satisfaction through rigorous attention to detail, employee expertise, and efficient handling of customer needs.
- Recognized for outstanding quality of customer service with numerous and personal commendation from clients.
- Unit reported profit increases of at least 15% over each previous year.