Technical support analyst with 7 years hands on hardware, software and network troubleshooting experience. A+, MCSE (NT), MCP (W2K)8 years experience providing support in a helpdesk environment with steadily increasing responsibilities. 3 years of entreprenurial experience covering all areas of financial and personnel management.Future goals include completing the Information Resource and Library Science program at the University of Arizona, pursuing work as a digital archivist and acquiring experience in database development.
Aug 2005 - Present
Hair Salon;4 employees; $150K in sales;
*Setup and secured wireless network*Maintained company website*Solved employees’ PC and general IT issues*Controlled access to client database and remote access to network*Analyzed sales data for trends. Reports were used to adjust staffing, marketing and inventory resulting in a 15% increase in profitability over time
Dec 2007 - Apr 2010
Seasonal Live Tax Advice Analyst
* Research tax law * Explain to taxpayers how to complete their tax return to take advantage of current tax laws
Aug 2005 - Jun 2008
* Prepare state and federal tax returns for individuals* Prepare state and federal tax returns for Schedule C businesses* Prepare sales, use, and payroll tax returns* Educate to stay current on tax laws and regulations* Bookkeeping
Dec 2004 - Aug 2005
* Repair Windows-based computer hardware issues* Repair Windows system software errors* Remove malware, spyware and viruses* Install, configure & upgrade desktop and laptop computers.
Sep 1997 - Aug 2003
Sr Technical Support Analyst
* Diagnose network, software, and hardware problems via phone* “Subject Matter Expert” for Intranet, Internet, SQL Server issues.Accomplishments* Migrated 8 servers in the Phoenix office from Windows NT resource domain to Windows 2000 Active Directory structure then into appropriate OU* Documented department site administration, intranet support, and internet site support processes* Performed testing of new web enabled applications in the Peoplesoft environment and reported findings to Application Technology Engineers
Jun 1996 - May 1997
Customer Service Engineer
*Provided first level support in a Solaris UNIX 2.5 & WIN NT 3.51 environment*Monitored network ports and nodes using VMS*Monitored and managed job control using Netmaster in a MVS environment including MAI; XACMS and VTAM*Downloaded, renamed, restored, redirected files and restored passwords.
Aug 2010 - Present
From the University of Arizona website:
As a public research university serving the diverse citizens of Arizona and beyond, the mission of the University of Arizona is to provide a comprehensive, high-quality education that engages students in discovery through research and broad-based scholarship.
From the DigIn Program website:
The School of Information Resources and Library Science (SIRLS) is a unit of the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Arizona, the state's land grant research university serving 38,000 students. SIRLS maintains one of the largest graduate programs at UA, focusing on the Library and Information Science disciplines (LIS) and also emphasizing interdisciplinary approaches to managing information
Aug 1987 - May 1992
Bachelor of Arts
Type of Institution: private, co-educational Baptist institutionLocation: Waco, Texas2009 Enrollment:14,614 total; 12,149 undergraduate; 2,465 graduate/professorsFull-Time Faculty: 859Student/Faculty Ratio: 15 to 1Average Class Size: 28 students
The undergraduate degree is based on a liberal arts education. Course work includes:
- social work methods, skills and techniques
- theories of individual, family and community development and functioning
- social policies, advocacy and social justice
- research for social work practice and
- a 480-hour internship in a community agency