- ELIZABETH NJ
1) sort, transfer, and stack on pallets containers of finished products, such as sugar, canned vegetables, citrus juice: Reads production and delivery schedules and stacking pattern to determine sorting and transfer procedures, arrangement of packages on pallet, and destination of loaded pallet.
2) Observes packages moving along conveyor to identify packages and to detect defective packaging, and presses console buttons to deflect packages to predetermined accumulator or reject lines.
3) Turns selector switch on palletizer to control stacking arrangement of packages on pallet and to transfer loaded pallet to storage or delivery platform.
4) Supplies loading equipment with empty pallets.
5) Stops equipment to clear jams.
6) Informs supervisor of equipment malfunction.
7) May keep record of production and equipment performance.
8) May operate depalletizing equipment and be designated Depalletizer Operator.
• positioned properly for stacking. This includes product orientation and quantity. • Wrapped product removed from the conveyors in a timely manner to avoid palletizer shutdown; • Responsible for completing and submitting/attaching paperwork, such as, but not limited to maintenance request forms, skid tally sheets, on-hold tags, and skid load flags • Supplies (tie sheets, stretch wrap, pallets) unloaded and fed to the palletizers as required • Have knowledge of all boxes and pallets for each product. • Insure the use of the correct boxes for each product and label and stack full boxes onto pallet • Knowledge of pallet configurations and counts • Knowledge of all Sell By's and code Dates for all products • Knowledge of Tape Machines, their functions and Lot Numbers • Insure boxes are taped properly and have correct labels and Code Dates • Know Metal Detector Policy and proper handling or rejected product • Inform team leader of any equipment problems • Supply boxes to packers • Insure dates on label and boxes match and change labels for label printer • Other jobs as assigned