This is a unique time in history when ubiquity of technology is so profound that we are forced to embrace it. Teachers must move with the times and learn to harness all the tools available to them in order to reach the students in the digital language they are most familiar. We as teachers need to provoke these Generation Texters on to become ethical and responsible users of technology and to recognize the impact their consumption makes on the environment and the social ramifications of this usage.
A cutting edge Canadian educationalist experienced in teaching 21st Century skills to students.
Some recent accomplishments include:
· helped to introduce and implement a schools first working flexi scheduled ICT timetable.
· collaborated effectively with year groups to coordinate integration of ICT into classroom.
· led ICT related PD/workshops for staff when needed.
· created an ISTE linked ICT curriculum for Gr.1, 2 and 5 that develops 21st Century Skills
· worked to integrate the 1st iPads into the curriculum
- led ICT evenings/workshops for parents to inform and educate parents on technology related issues (cybersafety & curriculum content).
Library Media Specialist & Classroom Teacher
ICT teacher (Short Term Contract)
Mar 2010 - Present
Technology Integration Specialist/21st Century Skills Coach
A flagship IB World School in South America. Introduced the first iPad program in the country and helped initiate and implement full integration of technology into the classroom (flexible scheduling). Contributed actively to development of a new and innovative curriculum. Actively trained teachers in new technology and introduced parent training sessions which were very well received.
Mar 2009 - Feb 2010
Lower School Technology
A top ranking private coeducational day school for English National Curriculum in Santiago, Chile. Planned and developed curriculum for grade 1 and 2 students and taught ICT lessons in a setting where management favoured a more traditional ICT class setting.