- Worked as an enterprise editor, breaking news editor, general assignment reporter and member of the investigative team
- As a member of the I-Team, used strong research and writing skills in both short- and long-term watchdog stories; developed a wide network of sources to uncover wrongdoing, abuse of power, mismanagement and malfeasance to write high-impact stories that right wrongs, bring justice and hold leaders accountable
- Exposed corruption, inmate abuse and suspicious deaths in the Florida prison system, the third-largest in the nation. The three-year, award-winning project led to an overhaul of the agency, including the resignations of the secretary and inspector general, the firings and arrests of corrections officers, millions of dollars in reforms and sweeping changes in the treatment of mentally ill, disabled and female prisoners.
- Investigated criminal justice cases, including the case involving Alexander Acosta, a member of President Donald Trump's cabinet, who negotiated and signed a secret plea deal for Jeffrey Epstein, a multimillionaire who molested hundreds of underage girls and is suspected of operating an international sex trafficking operation. The series led the Department of Justice to open an investigation into Acosta's handling of the case.
- Covered school shootings, hurricanes and other breaking news, uncovering the deeper stories that lie beneath the surface of major tragedies and national events, such as the Parkland school shootings.
- ook and Twitter
- Appeared on local and national radio and television shows as a commentator on topics such as law enforcement, prison reform, racial profiling and unsolved crimes