Passionate, diligent, and creative integrated marketing executive with 4-years of experience doing what I love. Strong track record for delivering results to a diverse client roster including big brands, Internet start-ups, and even Presidential candidates. Highly skilled in developing and executing integrated marketing solutions using new media and old media in harmony for maximum engagement and impact. At the forefront of mobile marketing from location based apps to mobile couponing. A strong leader who injects laughter into productive days at the office...
To work in a creative, brand-focused environment with a group of scarily talented people.
All media: new media, old media, print, radio, tv. If it's media I'm interested. Social trends, consumer culture, philosophy, fine woodworking, reading, and writing short fiction.
Since moving to Newport I've become obsessed with the water and spend as much time in the ocean as possible. I'm an avid surfer, kite surfer, and spear fisherman.
Jul 2010 - Present
Director of Accounts
- Oversee all client services, deliverables, and client-facing correspondence
- Manage staff in the timely execution of social media marketing campaigns
- Develop strategic social media marketing plans and creative concepts to support clients' business objectives
- Source technology providers and third parties to develop marketing assets
- Manage agency budgeting and bandwidth
2009 - 2010
Communications and Social Media
- Directed strategic communications to grow awareness and engage consumers in global markets
- Developed consumer brand and articulated the company product offerings and value proposition
- Managed all PR activities including: budget, third parties, European PR agency, and project consultants
- Produced major media placements in all channels including print, television, and online reaching core constituencies including consumer, business-to-business, and investors
- Conceptualized and developed new products and product features for location-based social network to enhance user experience and product monetization
Sep 2007 - Sep 2009
- Developed and executed PR and branding campaigns for diverse client roster in various verticals including: lifestyle, online brands, public issues, and higher education
- Conducted brand analysis and created intelligence to advance and articulate clients’ business objectives
- Developed creative online campaigns to drive awareness, engagement, click-throughs, adoption, and sales
- Worked in agency’s digital group responsible for developing strategic recommendations for clients across all practices areas
- Cultivated strong relationships with key media, clients, and vendors
- Generated high profile media placements for clients in multiple categories
2006 - 2007
Messaging and Strategy Assistant
East River Media
- Created public-facing messages for political campaigns and non-profit organizations including, Joe Biden for President and Legal Momentum
- Coordinated messaging and creative for collateral in strategic messaging capacity
- Strategic planning and tactical support for various client campaigns and initiatives
2002 - 2006
My major focus was in Political Theory which taught me to synthesize wickedly complicated ideas and language for real world application. It was through this immersion in philosophy that I studied the metaphysics explaining why people do what they do and even why consumers buy what they buy.
Minor degree studies in Business Administration gave me a strong academic footing in the pillars of business including marketing, organizational theory, and accounting.
I'm on CNN!
The Wall Street Journal Interviews GyPSii CEO
TechCrunch Features GyPSii's Latest
Great Review in High Indexing Blog
Public Speaking and Presentation
Rants and raves. Essay and fiction. It's my humble blog.